Chapter 122 : His Quiet Love

Start from the beginning

Nandini gasps in his shameless demand, "You are bribing me? With anklets? You didn't even say you..."

"Say what?" Shrutasena presses for answer.

"That you.."

"That I?"

"That you..love me.." Nandini pouts angrily looking away.

Shrutasena holds her hand and pulls her closer. His breath falls on her ear as her heart skips a beat.

"For God's sake, hold your tongue and let me love," he whispers huskily in her ears.

Nandini feels herself trembling. His usually gentle tone had such dominance in them that she is unable to move from his grasp.

"Yuvraj..." she whispers.

"This Gajra of Saugundhika that is a token of love had spoken those words to you a long time ago. How is it my fault that you are so dumb?" he presses a kiss on the flowers on her head.

"You still didn't say it..." her heart trembles like a fawn.

"I can say them to you as much as you want. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. mmph..."

Her soft palm presses against his lips. She couldn't meet his eyes and lowers her head, "I know.."

Shrutasena smiles leaning back against the wall. Talking both her hands in his staring at her face that she so desperately is trying to hide.

"There is a problem though," he sighs.

Nandini looks at him confused.

"How do I say those words to your father? Mamashree might chase me with his Sudarshana," Shrutasena tries to sound funny but fails. Because he knows how true that is.

"Swami stop. What foolishness is this?" Rukmini yells.

"You too have joined Kanha in his craziness? Revati sighs as well.

Krishna and Balarama sits there burning Shrutasena's clothes looking at it dreadfully.

"You were the one all excited to send the marriage proposals, swami. You handpicked all the gifts, dao. What's wrong with you two now?" Satyabhama scolds them.

"Dao, here is another," Krishna hands another clothe of Shrutasena.

"Swaha," Balarama throws it in the fire as well.

Rukmini, Satyabhama and Revati felt like their temper rising at their men. Why is it after all those years, they are still so immature and hard to understand?

"I should have banished him when he tied that Gajra on her hair," Krishna mumbles.

"You should be happy. I love how romantic he is!" Satyabhama shuts him down.

"Kanha, we have to keep him on his toes. My sweet little girl, he can't touch her," Balarama says determined.

"Yes, Dao. We will return with our daughter after marriage. How will she live there all alone?" Krishna supports.

"Swami, Draupadi is there. Nandini will be living in her own home," Rukmini tries to reason.

"You don't know how scary mother in laws can be, priye. What if Krishnaa gives her too hard jobs?" Krishna dreads.

Satyabhama smirks. Oh she is so going to snitch about this to Draupadi.

"Swami, that's your sakhai. Your Krishnaa. How can you accuse her of treating your daughter cruelly?" Rukmini scolds.

Krishna's face saddens as he sighs helplessly, "Because it's my daughter."

His reply made others stop. Indeed when it comes to daughters, no reasoning works. The same happened with Draupadi years ago. She cried as if someone dear to her has died. The woman who didn't shed tears in Dyutsabha, cried helplessly looking at the departing carriage of her daughter. Draupadi stood on the main entrance and kept looking unblinking as long as Suthanu's palanquin could be seen.

Rukmini touches her paining heart. Maybe it's time for her to feel the pain Draupadi felt that time.

Next morning, Draupadi calls all her sons and daughter in laws and announces Krishna's proposal. Nandini had her head lowered the entire time. Shrutasena was no better. He couldn't meet his elders. This is more embarrassing than he thought it would be. Giving them time to think, all the younger children goes to their common room.

Satanika was petrified, "What's going on? What did I miss? Sena and Nandini? Since when?"

"Since so long, bhrata. You didn't notice the gajra on her head?" Shrutakarma sighs.

"I thought Maa gave her those. You are telling me this bookworm knows anything more than drowning in books? Wait, who are you?" Satanika charges at Shrutasena.

"Bhrata, you are really embarassing. Everyone in Devapath knows about them," Abhimanyu couldn't help but voice out his opinion.

Satanika turns at him and flicks his forehead, "You talk back after you reach at least my chest. You dwarf of a warrior."

Abhimanyu gasps at his elders brother's harsh words. Though this isn't new to him. He is very much familiar with his Bhrata Satanika's love language.

"Listen Nandini," Satanika holds her shoulders, "You might be fooled with his face and the way he cries to Maa. He appears such a sweet little boy but he isn't. He is a cold blooded psychopath."

"Speak about yourself," Shrutakarma rolls his eyes.

"This little devil of a brother of mine knew I was ready to choke slam him. That's why he let Jyest go first. I choke slammed by reverend Jyest," Satanika glares at Shrutasena who just shrugs his shoulder.

"I moved because I can see future, bhrata,"

"You put Jyest on you place, you uncultured swine! I could have hurt him badly,"

"That's why I gave him my sword,"

"To cut off my freaking arm!" Satanika yells.

Shrutasena smirks not denying this time. He might be the calmest one, but God knows how many evil ideas play in this brain of his.

"You are alive," Shrutasena sighs.

"Bhrata Satanika, have some shame. Your younger brothers are marrying before you," Shrutakarma smirks.

"Don't worry, Bhrata. I won't marry before you. Mamashree and Shreeman Dao will only come to bless me for now," Shrutasena says.

"Are you done pulling his legs, Bhrata Satanika?" Maya comes inside.

"And of course you are on his side like everyone else. You also believe he is as innocent as a flower Bhabishree. Let me tell you..."

"Your Jyest has summoned you all in Rajsabha. Go there first and Nandini come with me. Matashree wants to see you," Maya sighs.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Vote and Comment