Against death itself

He groaned and tossed in agony. Unknown to him, he remain swaying between life and death...

He opened his eyes watching her smile, as the morning rays of the sun bathed her in beauty...

Her gold nosering glinted and the large droplets of water on her seat hair glowed.

"Ajabde! How are you here, in Chittor!"

He watched her smile turn into a frown as she chided, "Where else should I be? You married me and bought me here." Standing up from beside him she grumbled, "Keep staying out of the palace and this is what happens. I'm going back to Bijolia!"

Before she could march away, he grabbed her hand chuckling, "I'm joking..."

His grip on her hand became tighter, as though he was unwilling to let go.
A worried Maharani Jaivantabai looked at a calm and composed Ajabde who continued to treat him.

"His pulse is fading!" Came a shout.

Without wasting a moment, she began pumping down on his chest, trying desperately to save his life.

With baited breaths they watched, until he finally opened his eyes and a tear from Ajabdes eye landed on his cheek.

He gazed at her in disbelief muttering in a groggy voice, "Ajabde."

"Thank God you're alive!" She gasped in relief.

When he found his second chance at life. He realised that she had risked her life for his!

Love was realized the moment they thought they'd lose each other.

Stay tuned for more...

Coming soon

On

Amazon
Kindle

Follow🧑‍🤝‍🧑
Like❤️
Share➡️
Comment💬

To watch exciting reels and posts on the upcoming book, make sure to follow my insta @levi_quills