Chapter 10

Harish Khanna, was reigning in full glory as king when Shaurya informed him that he was leaving for good. His mother's tragic death had already created a wedge between father and son. Besides, Harish was never a loving father. According to Shaurya, his father was incapable of loving another being. He was too selfish to love only himself. 

Harish had married Karuna for political reasons. She was a weak soul from a powerful family, a perfect pawn in his games. Shaurya often felt that if his father would have shown few moments of attention, his mother would have survived. Her son was her only solace. While she felt victim for anxiety and depression, Harish went on winning wars and celebrating with his mistresses. When he accidentally got one of them pregnant, she was brought home. Because Harish knew Karuna couldn't give him another child. Shaurya was his heir but he wished to have a spare. Perhaps she lucky to remain oblivious to the new entry in her life owing to her mental condition.

But Destiny was not merciful on Harish's whims and fancies. His mistress gave birth to a girl. Anjali Khanna, a half-sister was born for Shaurya. She had taken after her mother being ambitious while being as ruthless as their father. If she was a male then Harish would have already found his successor in her. To tell the truth, Shaurya always found Anjali more willing and skilled to take over the reign. But in the dark world of crime, only men were accepted to rule. Both children lived with their mothers, in distant wings of their palace, expecting tug of war for power however without disturbing one another.

Then one day, as if expected by all and feared by Shaurya, his mother killed herself. Her tragic end didn't shock anyone. Many consoled him that she finally free from her sufferings. Once her funeral was over, Shaurya was not even allowed to mourn properly. Rather than comforting his son, Harish send him away for rigorous trainings. He too tried to immerse his tears and get busy in training. But he was not training to destroy but only to defend.

"I have decided to leave" Shaurya told his father aa soon as he arrived back after years of training. He anticipated his father to throw a fit, even take measures to captivate him. However Harish drummed his hands on table after stretching on his grand chair. "how long?", he asked casually. "Forever", Shaurya replied decisively. Harish scoffed, even laughed a bit. Mockery that one can never escape the destined fate, echoed in his lukewarm response but Shaurya refused to waver. "Take Aryan with you. He will come handy", with those words Harish dismissed him.

Shaurya was baffled when Harish agreed so quickly. Nevertheless he didn't waste another moment for his father to think and retract. He packed his stuff and walked out of the mansion. Aryan followed but he stopped him, "Once I cross these gate, I will be a nobody. You don't have to come with me". But he refused. Perhaps Aryan already knew they cannot escape. It was a momentary respite granted to them.

A new name...A new identity.....Atharv Rana was created. Shaurya had always loved to play music. A talent that both his mother and father admired alike. His mother used to love to listen to him play. Even when she was ill, music brought smile to her face. Now it provided as a means to support his new life. He kept himself trained to face danger whether from his father or his enemies. While training in the ring, few noticed him, offering him the job to coach others. Life was moving smoothly with Aryan always beside him. Soon he made new friends and colleagues.

Women came and went. In their eyes, he was charming and good looking but poor. Someone apt for a casual one night stand but not enough for a long term commitment.  He had long ago decided that he will never love and get destroyed like his mother. Nor he will get into a loveless marriage and destroy another woman like his father. He knew he will die alone without any regrets. He was content indulging in meaningless hook-ups until one day he met a challenge.

He saw her, leisurely enjoying her drink. She was unique, no doubt about it but he didn't fathom her to be disinterested in him. It was difficult for him to digest her refusal. He misunderstood that she was playing hard to get. It was too late to realise his mistake. She punched him hard, bruising his ego more than his jaw.

"Do you want to get it checked?", Aryan asked with concern as pressed an ice pack to his jaw. However the subtle taunt was evident. His other friends were not so discreet as him. Many laughed out loud, praising the fierce woman who easily took him down. First she refused his advances and then she knocked him hard. While they were enjoying his plight, he fumed in anger.

His pride was crushed brutally by a mere chick. He threw away ice pack and yelled, "Three weeks and she will be in my bed". They all went silent. "Take longer", one threw in challenging him further, "infact take 3 months but she has to come willing. Not drugged or under any influence". "Women crawl into my bed in their senses and beg to be f*cked", Shaurya sneered. "But not her", Aryan's opinions shocked him whom he had expected to take his side, "she is not easy one. So lets forgot what happened tonight and move on with our loves".

Aryan had already deduced she will bring only trouble but Shaurya took it as an insult. "In three months, I will have her", he declared, "I will record it and show how her p*ssy wept for me. You will hear her begging me to be inside her". Loud hooting and howling following up another round of shots. Bet was already made.

It didn't take him much to find her. Perhaps it was luck, Shaurya landed in the same college as her coach. Her name was Mehek. She was smart and skilled. A promising career awaited her. Although he had his ulterior motives, he trained her well. Slowly he started to get close to her. His fake apology was just the first step to break the ice walls around her.

Soon he became her close confidante. She never knew that her protector will be ruining her for his own gain. He understood that she was falling for him. But unknown to him, Mehek was also creeping into his life. He genuinely started to understand her but he had to win the bet. He had meticulously planned it out. Once he got her, he will quickly detach from her, avoiding conflicts. Unlike earlier, he was against to shame Mehek. He decided to walk away from her without making a mess once he won.

He acted to get drunk during his birthday party. Aryan ensure that Mehek will take him back to his place where deed will take place. As he expected, she gave herself to him. His sense of win soon turned to nagging guilt when he realised it was her first time. Mehek had fallen in love with him deeply. She trusted him enough to give him her virginity. It was not just a one night stand for fun but true love for her. He broke the camera which was set to record their passion in bed. Before Mehek could find it he coaxed her back gently, trying to ease her pain while trying his best to make experience less painful. 

Next  morning, Shaurya awkwardly pushed Mehek away. He himself was fighting a war inside him, bring torn between his feelings and his reality. He could have easily boasted his win even without any recordings but he kept mum before his friends, acting as if nothing happened between them and let them assume he had lost the bet. Nevertheless, Aryan already got whiff of trouble brewing. So when he proposed a plan to shift to another place, Shaurya readily accepted. Yet her advances to make him stay back, made him realise he cannot hurt her. In his attempt to win her for a bet, he had genuinely fallen for her. 

Soon news of their romantic tryst spread like wild fire. Shaurya couldn't hold himself back when Mehek's character was being tarnished because of his mistakes. It was time for him to step in to save her dignity and their relationship.