Rough Day: Ch.15

Magsimula sa umpisa

Clint and Jeff clinked their glasses of water together, laughing.

"Oh trust me, I can tell."

"How'd she oversleep and still wake up with an attitude?!" Clint whisper-screamed.

"Heard that!" I yelled as I moved to my desk in the Medhut.

My desk was the spot that had all my medical related supplies. I wasn't considered an official Medjack since I didn't treat people, but I did make some remedies that could be used. Plus, I also helped keep the place organized and clean whenever I got the chance.

At that time my full focus had been on restocking some bandages and bottles of medicine. I don't even know how long I was doing that for, but the bell for lunch had already sounded.

It took me a couple minutes to finish up, but before I could leave the hut, I heard someone call my name. Couldn't have been Clint or Jeff. They already left.

"Alice! Come here for a sec!"

Must've been the sick boy.

The moment I entered the room, he immediately concentrated on me.

Surprisingly the boy barely looked sick now.

"What'd ya need me for?" I asked, my voice cracking slightly.

Without saying a word he stood up, looking much taller than seconds before.

My feet felt as though they were stuck on the ground as I watched him walk right up to me and hold my arm.

"You want this Alice, trust me."

The moment that sentence processed through my mind, I started backing away to the door.

Just as I touched the doorknob I heard the boy slam it shut again.

I didn't want whatever this boy was about to try.

"Where do you think you're going, missy?" he said with an awful grin.

"Away from you, creep." I snapped.

"Now, now, let's be nice. Alright?"

Before I could even answer his lips were already pressed against mine. I tried to squirm away from him, but it was no use since he had me trapped between his body and the wall.

As his hands crept up my waist, I managed to push them off. That didn't seem to make him very happy, as a frown appeared on his face before he tightened his grip again.

"Stop, get off of me." I murmured against his mouth. It felt like I was being suffocated by him.

"Don't make this harder than it needs to be," he whispered.

Just as he started trying to kiss my neck, I got the sudden confidence to kick him in the crotch.

Hey, I had to do what I had to do, right?

That obviously caused him to back off within a split-second.

"You little bitch!" he groaned.

***

I ran straight out of the door, flipping him off before being fully out of his sight.

"Newt?! Minho?! Jeff?! Gally?! ANYONE?!" I yelled as I bolted towards the lunch tables.

Many heads turned towards me in confusion, but I didn't care. I hadn't even looked back to check if the "sick" boy was behind me until I found myself at Newt and Noah's table.

"Woah, woah, woah. Alice, what's going on?"

Newt asked, immediately standing and holding me up as I caught my breath.

"The boy...in the Medhut. He tried things."

Not a very good description on my end, I'm aware. I just couldn't bring myself to say what had happened out loud. Hell, I hardly had time to process it.

"Who? What boy? What did he try?"

"I've never seen him before. I don't know his name, sorry."

"Don't be sorry. What's he look like?"

"Tall, kinda long black hair, olive skin tone?"

"Sounds like Anthony, yeah Noah?"

For once Noah seemed at a loss for words. He just stared at us with wide eyes, probably very puzzled.

Still, Noah gave a nod.

Newt glanced around and saw all the eyes that were staring in our direction, then leaned down next to my ear.

"Let's go to my room in the Homestead, alright love?" he said softly

I nodded and followed Newt to his room, still shaking slightly.

Once we got in it was much quieter. Newt's room was surprisingly clean compared to most of the other Gladers' hygiene and organization.

He led me to sit on his bed and crouched down in front of me, a concerned expression on his face.

"Listen Alice, I'm going to need you to tell me what happened. You can go as slow as you need to, but I have to know."

Newt's tone sounded like he was trying to sound calm, but I could tell he was pretty stressed too. Or angry.

"He called me over and I thought he just needed me to check on him or something, but when I walked in he seemed perfectly fine. Then he started...he started kissing me. I kept trying to push him off but he had me trapped. I didn't know what to do, Newt. I also kind of kicked him in the balls and ran away." I rambled, starting to feel hotter and getting tears building up in my eyes.

I had to take a gasp of air after saying all that.

Newt sighed and looked down for a while, then gently sat next to me and gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry." he whispered, rocking me lightly.

He may have been unsure of what to say, or thinking things over still, but none of that mattered. Right after those two words hit me I broke into a full on cry.

It wasn't just because of what Anthony did though. It felt more like everything had been piling up, and that was just the cherry on top that pushed me past my limit.

I wanted to have a proper home. A normal life. My memories to be back, to know my family, to feel like I had a purpose. There was so much I was longing for.

Although I probably seemed like a baby, I knew I needed to let it out. And Newt didn't seem to mind thankfully. He just held me as I cried, letting out every little emotion I'd kept bottled up inside.

As my cries quieted into occasional sniffles, Newt tilted my head up at him.

"Feeling a little better now?"

"Yeah, thanks. I needed that."

"Of course. I know that you're going through a lot and once again, I am so sorry. I'm sorry that all this has happened to you in the first place, and I'm sorry I wasn't there to help."

"It's not your fault at all though. You couldn't have known something happened to me."

"No no, I should've gone straight to check on you once I realized Noah was sitting with me instead of you for once. But I can promise one thing, and that is that I will make sure nothing like this ever happens to you again. Got it?"

I couldn't help but just stare at him for a moment with a smile forming on my face.

"Got it. Thank you, Newt. I don't know if you'll say yes to this...but do I have permission to kick Anthony's ass?"

"That's my girl." he chuckled, "I do have to decline that request though, since it really wouldn't align with my duties as Second-in-Command."

Fair enough.