New Order: Ch 5

I had decided to not attend the Gathering later in the day. Although Alby suggested I go, I was too tired. Newt promised to tell me everything that happened. Plus, I had an idea that required everyone to be gone.

Or at least Mr. Eyebrows needed to be gone. I was gonna steal some of Gally's paper. Surely he didn't need all of that supplies. His blueprints weren't even that good!

They would be put to better use with me. I'd start mapping out the Glade and eventually, try to map out the Maze. Maybe I could draw for fun too, there's not much entertainment in here anyways.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Alice, why're you all the way by the woods!? Alice what is tha- never mind. You're gonna wanna hear this!" 

As Newt jogged over to me I noticed he was limping. Did he hurt himself or had I just not caught that earlier?

"What's up?"

"It took some convincing, but I was able to get you the perfect job. You're gonna be a Designer! First ever Designer in the Glade, meaning your also gonna be a Keeper!" 

"Really? What do Designers do?"

"You'll be in charge of designing blueprints, writing medicine recipes for the Med-Jacks, and Minho might even let you handle his maps! He'll have to talk to you some more about that of course, but isn't this great? You get to work alongside practically half of the Glade!"

This was the best news EVER. Okay, maybe a little dramatic, but still! I couldn't be more grateful.

"Thank you for getting me the job, Newt!" I exclaimed as I gave him a quick hug. 

"Of course. Now, shall we talk about some of the new rules?" he asked switching his voice to a more serious tone now.

"Oh yeah, yeah." 

We sat against a nearby tree as he began talking.

"So thankfully most people were respectful, there were just a few annoying bastards who kept yelling 'bout how you shouldn't get any special treatment. I'll be keeping an eye on them from now on. Anyway, here are the rules. 1. No one is allowed to touch you without your permission, 2. No one can go into your hut unless you allow them to do so, and 3. Anyone who says inappropriate comments about you will be eligible for punishment. Is that good? You can always request more if you'd like."

Newt seemed quite worked up about all of this, but it was perfect. 

"No need to! Those rules will do just fine. Thanks again."

"Oh, there's one more surprise for you! Follow me." 

He stood up and went to grab my hand but stopped.

"It's alright, I'll allow you to." 

The two of us started walking, with one of Newt's hands covering my eyes and the other holding my hand guiding me. This was a rather long walk and I was starting to get suspicious.

"And...here we are! Take a look."

It was my hut, fully completed. There were string lights placed on the outside and the inside. It seemed like all of the renovations I wanted got done too! Noah stood next to it, dirty and sweaty, but he still had his usual smile on his face. That only made me smile even more. 

"I skipped the Gathering and finished your hut all by myself! What'd ya think?"

"It looks great, Noah! Could I take a look inside?"

"It's your hut, so of course. Ladies first." he bowed and rolled his eyes with a smirk as he held the door open for me.