Chapter-15

"What a sudden realisation in you!" with a sarcastic expression in her face Sirisha also yelled. "Why did not you think like this before? Why you have given an advice like that to me then?"

"It is envy. Just because of envy I always felt towards you, I have given a suggestion like that to you." After saying that Chandana covered her face with both of her palms, burst into weeping and slumped herself on her knees on the floor there.

Sirisha more shocked than ever and dumbfounded! When she came out of her shock, she also slumped on her knees beside Chandana and put her right hand around her shoulders. "I just cannot understand even a little bit what you said. You felt envy to me!"

"Yes, I felt envy towards you." Chandana looked into the face of Sirisha after removing her hands from her face but tears were still flowing down on her cheeks. "It is not so that I did not feel any friendship and love towards you. But I always felt envy and jealousy also towards you and eagerly waited to upset you and make you disturbed. Your mom's getting pregnancy was just an opportunity to me to make you upset and I used it."

Sirisha was aghast and just remained looking into the face of Chandana.

"I should have made you understand how nice and how wonderful it is to have a sibling when you expressed your disinterest on your incoming sibling. Instead of that I made you develop more hate on that and went to an extent to advise you to demand your mom for abortion of her pregnancy. As you always do feel me as your close friend and wishes your well being, you blindly followed my advice and demanded your mom so."

"I already said to you..........." Sirisha was still with full of shock but managed to say. "..........I did not follow your advice blindly. I asked my mom only after..........."

"Just stop this! Go and stop your mom from having this abortion. Do this one thing and save yourself from the guilty of being a murderess and me from the feeling of an accomplice to a murderess." Chandana stood to her full height and Sirisha also got up with her. "If you cannot become a doctor just because of another sibling to you, let it be. You do have lot for yourself even you have to share everything of you with your brother or sister, I know it. But don't let this abominable thing to take place. Go and stop your mom. Don't let her to have that abortion."

"I just don't know what to say." With remorse Sirisha said. After seeing Mamatha feeling happy like that with her little brother a sort of transformation has started in her. After hearing the science teacher, it has become almost in her. After hearing Chandana like this it was complete in her but still she was in confusion.

"Until my mom beat me and chided me as I have advised you to ask your mom for an abortion, I just did not realise what a big mistake I did! You just don't know how much eagerly I have been waiting to say this to you. Now you are saying that your mom is going to have the abortion. Just go and stop her!"

"Why did you tell about it to your mom also?" Sirisha knitted her brows together.

"I tell you everything later. But for the present, for god's sake move fast and stop your mom from doing that. Stop yourself and me also from having the guilty feeling forever in our lives. Just go." After saying that Chandana once again burst into weeping.

Then, just like lightening, Sirisha has got the full import of what Chandana has said! Now she was seeing Mamatha and her little brother in a different angle and automatically Mamatha was replaced by her and she started feeling her brother as her little brother. Then, suddenly then, she remembered the dream she got in which her brother was yelling 'You killed me! You killed me!"

"No, I don't kill you! I never let you die." She yelled loudly and started running from that place. She just did not bother about the other students who were watching her so strangely then. With the equal gait, Chandana started following her.