Chapter-14

"It is not unusual moms become pregnant." With a surprising expression in her face science teacher said. "But how that matter upsets you?"

"How my dad can expend money for my medicine study if he has to look after another child also? So I became upset and started feeling uneasy. So I could not write my unit test examinations better teacher." Sirisha did not want to say to her teacher that she did not like either a brother or sister sharing everything of her.

"Did your dad say to you that he cannot meet the expenditure of your medical studies after having another child to him?" science teacher knitted her brows together.

"No, of course." Sirisha nodded her head in negation. "He said that he can make me doctor even after he has another child." Sirisha did not like to put in the exact way what her dad said.

"I know about your family Sirisha. Your dad can make you a doctor easily while meeting the expenditure of another child also. Anyhow even after an assurance from your dad also why you felt uneasy and spoiled your examinations?"

"My dad said it only after my writing those examinations." Sighing heavily Sirisha said. "Now I am feeling quite comfortable and easy teacher. I can manage my studies and exams just in the usual way."

"Then there is no problem! As it is early, if you do concentrate and study from now on, you can get the best rank in the final exams and keep our school's name. Don't forget to share if you do face any problem whatever sort that is. You may go now."

"Just a moment!" Sirisha once again sighed heavily, relaxed herself and about to come away from that room but once again heard her science teacher like that and turned back.

"What month of pregnancy your mom is carrying on now?" once again with knitted brows looking straight into her face, the science teacher asked her.

"I don't know about the month teacher but it is not advanced. I came to know about it from my mom only one month or so back." Once again feeling uneasily Sirisha said.

"Then why did you say that your problem is going to be solved on this day? I just cannot understand!" the expression in the face of her science teacher then was confusion. "It takes eight months or so to her to deliver the baby."

"Teacher, I just don't know.........." Sirisha just then realised that she has slipped that dangerous piece of information also at her science teacher. Her heart once again filled with complete uneasiness which was reflected in her face also.

"Tell me dear what is going to happen? How you can say it like that?" the serious expression and knitted brows were just like that in the science teacher's face as if she could guess what was going to happen.

"She is going to have an abortion teacher." With a small voice Sirisha said.

"Why it is so? Did doctors say she should not have that pregnancy as the child has some problem?" science teacher asked. "Otherwise no couple do like to lose their child."

"No, teacher. It is not so." With the same small voice and with the same uneasiness Sirisha said.

"Then what really made her took that decision? So far I can understand your dad also has no objection to that."

"I demanded her for that." Sirisha did not know how she said it like that. "I asked her to abort her pregnancy. Only for me both my parents agreed for this abortion."

"My god! Sirisha what you are talking?" with a sudden shock filled face, the science teacher got off from the chair she sat. "You demanded your mom to get abortion of her pregnancy and she is going to lose it only for you!"