Chapter-10

Then, only then, she has got that idea to make their parents to feel hurt! 'How it is having it with him and become pregnant?' that idea was just like an electric shock! And if she has become pregnant, it would be the perfect thing to hurt her parents to the maximum! As they both were adamant like that to have another child without bothering with her protestations, why should not she do something like that to hurt them? Especially she wanted to see the painful and hurting expression on the face of her mom when she knew that she was pregnant. The thrill and pleasure she was going to have while having it with him and her strong desire to hurt her parents to the maximum, made her to take that decision! Yes, she would have it with him. That Manoj was appearing more moral conscientious but she was confident that she could make him agree to it. She was confident that when a beautiful girl like her advanced herself, no boy would deny having it.

***

"You are right dear! Better we don't have it. Our daughter is very much against it and it is not advisable at all having it against her will and wish. We are concerned more about her welfare than anything else." when they both were alone in their bedroom again, Rakesh said. "I talked with her and she is not appearing even a little agreeable to have a sibling."

"I just, just don't know what to say." Looking at her both hands fingernails Sanjana said. "Why she is adamant like that? Why just she is considering her incoming sibling as an enemy to her?"

"There is not much wrong on her part also. She has led a lonely and monopolistic life till now and it is becoming difficult to her to accept someone who shares everything in equal measure with her. She just cannot understand how nice it is going to be to her to share the things with a brother or sister and I am pretty sure that we cannot make her understand the point. The little time I have spent with her on that point made it quite sure to me."

There was silence between them both for few seconds and breaking it Rakesh said again. "If we do have it against her opposition, she may accept it and agree with it once her brother or sister takes birth. Seeing her brother or sister in flesh and blood may get change in her heart."

"It takes near five months to that Rakesh and in between she spoils her studies with this disturbing thinking. Don't forget that she is in most crucial stage of her life, in her tenth class! If she cannot get good marks in it or fails in it just because of her improper studying? She becomes more upset than you and I also and I just cannot think what would be the consequences. Moreover........." she paused a second and sighed heavily. ".........what is the guarantee that seeing her sibling in flesh and blood would get a change in her? What if she feels the same rancour against it then also?"

"What you have said also is true." Rakesh sighed heavily. "Then fulfilling her strongly desired wish is the only option left to us."

"It has to be done fast. Before I develop more and more love and affection on it, it has to be got rid of." Tears were flowing down on the cheeks of Sanjana. "You have good doctor friends..........."

"I will arrange for it you don't worry." Rakesh hugged his wife and kissed on her both cheeks. "We just think it never has happened to you. You please don't deplore for it anymore."

After that, as if he could not stay any longer with his wife seeing her worrying like that, he went out of that room. In fact he was even more worrying as he has to lose the so much cherished second child just because of their daughter's stubbornness.

***

"I don't have this pleasure from tomorrow onwards." Manoj said looking into the face of Sirisha when she entered into his house along with the food items. "Both my parents will be in the home by early morning tomorrow."