Chapter 10 Back again

Kendra's POV:

"I guess it was a foolish decision. However, it's too late to change my mind now."

 I  stood near the fence. I peeked over it. I saw the dog was back.

   It was asleep, or so I thought.

  Dare I climb over and find out?

   "I climbed the fence and instantly regretted it."

   "Ouch, that hurt," I call out.

        Someone comes towards me and hugs me. "Let's get you out of here,"I heard a familiar voice say.

     "What?" I ask.

   "We need to go right now." She says.

     I run with her unsure why we're in such a rush. It is not until I am over the fence with her that I hear it.

      The dog barks, then suddenly stops. I heard a loud boom in my ears.

    "Whoa, did the place explode?" I ask.

    "Sis, what were you thinking,?  You could been hurt or worse." She says.

        "So, what does anyone care?" I scoff.

             I look back to the fence and gasp.  A small dog house and shed are the only other structures standing. It is almost like the other ones never existed.

             It is incredible when I reflect on it. I was fortunate not to die that day.

           I knew what I had to do.

           I packed my things and called my parents.

         "Hello, Mom and Dad, it's me, Kendra."

           "Kendra, where have you been? We have been worried sick," Mother says.

            "Your mother and I have searched for you everywhere," Dad tells her.

              "I know and plan to do something about it, " I blurted out.

            "Oh, what might that be?" Mother asks.

               "If you will have me, I will come home," I say.

             "Kendra, we will be happy to see you," Father says.

                  "Don't ever leave us again." Mother says.

               I smile as my sister helps me load the furniture into my car, and helps attach my bike to the bike rack on the back of it.

        The two of us pile into it, never for me to look back again to that creepy place that is mostly a pile of rubbish. It is lost forever as it should be.

     "Good riddance, " I yell out the window. I smile as my sister laughs.

        We are on our journey back home. Boy, it feels good to say the word, "Home."

 The end

bye-bye,

little owlets!

Summer out!