Chapter 4 Breaking and Entering

I saw my phone. It was not as far from reach as I once thought. It was right next to the fence line. I ran over and snatched it up. Good thing too, because a few minutes later a helicopter flew past.  I was not sure why it made me nervous. It is not like anyone was looking for me.

     Sure, I knew my neighbors probably thought I had lost it. So, what?

    I  heard a buzzing noise twice. No bees were around, so how?

   It was then it dawned on me the noise was coming from my iPhone.  I glanced at the screen and saw two missed messages.

     Who texted me?  I know I had not gotten any in years.

     Whoa, since when did my sister think to speak to me?

      I was not sure how to respond to this sudden reaching out she was doing. The last time she had done so was when I was in the eighth grade.  Goodness, it had been so long, I was sure she had forgotten all about me.

     Perhaps, she wanted something.

   She apologized for my car. She claimed she would figure something out.

    What was there to figure out?

      I  waited until the man left the joint then, I broke in through the doggie door.  I now stood on a light blue carpet.  "Ew, could the place get any uglier?"

    I wondered why he would live here since he left in a limousine with his pet.

    I determined to find out.

    I slowly made my way over to the living room. I gasped. It was a horrible scene.

   The room was full of cobwebs, torn furniture, and there was a body.  At least it sure looked like one to me.  Oh, no, had I stumbled upon a serial killer's house? 

    I made a run for it. I did not want to be arrested for breaking and entering. It was bad enough I climbed that gate in the first place.

   I  got past the rock pile.  

   I saw someone. I was afraid. I hide behind the rock pile.  

   I was not sure what to do now.  Any sudden moves and I could lose it.

   Find out more in Chapter 5

   bye, bye, little owlets!

  -Summer out!

*Author's note: This is a work of fanfiction. None of the events or persons in this story are real.  Do not copy anything you read. It is all make-believe. Thanks, Sincerely, the author, Summer Cheng.