Dancing

A/N- some dancing form dazai and chuuya cause why not~

TW: discussion about death (do I really need to keep adding these I think U guys get it, if there's dazai, ya guys get the drill.)

He ran down the street of the port, surely his ability had been activated by now. If Chuuya hadn’t been worried about Dazai not showing up to the Port Mafia and Armed Detective Agency meeting earlier that day, it was surely worrisome enough that Dazai had only sent out his location. Chuuya hadn’t even had time to get properly dressed for the weather, only putting on his executive clothing before rushing out the door.

The sound of crunching snow from under his shoes made it obvious that it was hard to run in this sort of weather. It had been reported that a blizzard would occur in about an hour, the beginning of it already seemed to be coming in as Chuuya ran, panting from the cold air caught in his throat.

The location Chuuya was given by Dazai was that he was in a park beside the ocean. It was popular, though, surely there would be no one out there at this time of night with this kind of weather, not even staff who cleaned the park. Not to mention that winter break had just set in. Most people would be warm, at home, with their families. Of course, there was barely any time to rest in the mafia.

Chuuya pulled his phone from his pocket, checking the location Dazai had sent him once more. He saw he was closer, almost there. Chuuya wasn’t sure if that just made him want to move quicker and so he did, or if his ability had made him lighter and easier to run.

Chuuya mentally prepared himself for all the possible outcomes that Dazai could’ve run into. He supposed that the worst case scenario was for Dazai to either be bleeding out, or that he had jumped into the frozen sea, regretted it for too much pain, and now needed Chuuya to come get him. He hoped it wasn’t the first one, since then it would be a much bigger issue.

When he finally saw Dazai, he stopped. The idiot didn’t seem to be injured. He was standing up, snow flurrying and falling from the sky and onto his messy, brown hair. If he wasn’t injured, then was Dazai going to try to kill himself? If that was the case, why did he call Chuuya? He would only stop him as he always did.

Dazai turned his head to face Chuuya. His eyes, facial expression, everything, it all seemed devoid of any emotion. It made Chuuya shiver, as if he had just dumped snow down the back of his shirt.

“Dazai?”

A smile curled onto his face, though his eyes didn’t follow, “Chuuya, it seems you really did come all the way out here. I wasn’t sure if you would.”

Chuuya took a step forward, “What the hell are you doing out here? It’s freezing, I thought you didn’t like pain?”

Are you okay?

Dazai turned away, looking back out at the ocean, “It’s more of a numbing sensation, if anything.”

No.

Chuuya walked closer to Dazai. Walking until he was only a few feet away from him, staring at him, “Can you at least tell me what’s going on in that prodigy head of yours?”

“Oh? Is Chuuya finally admitting he isn’t smart?”

“No, Chuuya is wondering what you're doing out here in the freezing snow right before a blizzard comes.”