Chapter ♞ 28: The Little Things

Start from the beginning

You let Kyoya tutor you for the next hour or so, and although you wouldn't really admit it, you were grateful. Studying was much easier when you had someone who could explain things to you. 

At seven the library began to close, and you both made your way back to the school grounds. "You should ask the other hosts for help, I know Mori is pretty good at languages." Kyoya said as you both walked. You shrugged. "I'll be fine." you replied vaguely, and with that you waved goodbye and began walking home.

"Y/N." 

You turned when you heard Kyoya's voice calling your name. "Yeah?" you asked, wondering what he was going to say. 

"Will you be at the host club tomorrow?" Kyoya asked, pushing his glasses a little further up his nose. You shrugged. You were planning to stay away from the host club because of how distracted you got, and so you shook your head. "I don't think so." You replied, before turning around and continuing on your way home. 

Little did you know, tomorrow wouldn't go as planned. 

~

The class bell went off, and as people hurriedly got out of their seats to get to the canteen, you slowly shoved your books into your bag. You would be skipping lunch today and studying more at the library. Tests were coming up after all. 

Walking down the school's grand halls, you were too busy thinking to notice someone in front of you, and you accidentally walked straight into them."Sor-" you began to apologize, until you realized who it was. "Ah, Y/N, just the person I was looking for." 

Kaoru grinned at you, before grabbing your hand and proceeding to pull you towards what you could only assume was the club room. You struggled against him, and managed to free your hand from his grasp. "I can't go to club today." you said, rubbing your sore fingers. He was holding them too tightly. Kaoru just stared at you blankly. "What do you mean, you aren't coming?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"We have a p-"

Just before he could finish his sentence, Hikaru rushed up behind his brother and clapped a hand over his mouth. "Y/N! Won't you come to the club room with us?" he asked, his hand still in front of Kaoru's face. You signed. "I can't. I know I should be there but I retally need to study." you said, once again trying to escape the twins. Kaoru shrugged Hikaru off of him, and began walking towards you.

"What's up with you, Y/N? You've been doing nothing but studying lately." he said, bending a little so he was at eye level. "And you still have bags." he continued, poking under your eyes. You began to blush at how close the redhead was, and stumbled backwards. "I need to, I'm failing classes." you said firmly, determined not to go to the club room today.

With that, you turned on your heel and began walking away. Right now you had lost valuable studying time, thanks to these twins. You could hear them both whispering behind you, and when you turned around to saw they were following you. 

"What do you want?" You asked the both of them, and they stopped in their tracks. Hikaru's eyebrows raised, and he turned to his brother quickly. "Do you think she has a boyfriend?" he asked, looking visibly panicked. You nearly choked, and had to put a hand on the wall to stop yourself from losing balance.

"A boyfriend?" you managed to speak. The twins were looking at you seriously. "Is that why you've been avoiding the host club?" Kaoru asked suspiciously. "No!" You said indignantly. "I won't be able to afford to come here unless I improve my grades!" you said, finally snapping. 

"Not everyone has money like you two, I got to attend this school solely because of my grades! You won't understand!" You said, running a hand through your hair. Both the twins looked at you with shocked expressions. "Y/N..." Hikaru said softly, at a lost for words. "I didn't know that was bothering you so much." he said after clearing his throat. Kaoru just stood there and scratched the back of his head,poking at the floor. "You should've told us." he said to you, avoiding your gaze.

You sighed for the millionth time today, and smiled. "Looks like I finally snapped huh?" you said, and suddenly you began laughing. 

"Y/N?" Hikaru was looking at you strangely. "What's wrong now?"You continued to laugh. Why were you so upset about grades? 

You had studied plenty, you were bound to do well in tests. Maybe this incident was supposed to happen, because after letting out our frustrations you were finally feeling better.

"I'll go to the host club." you finally said, after you calmed down. The twins both broke into grins, and without saying a word they hooked your arms into theirs, and pulled you down to the club room. "Finally, we've been waiting all day for you to say that." Kaoru grumbled, his cheeks slightly red. "Y/N, you know we can give you money." he said, looking at you. You shook your head. "Nuh uh, I'll be fine." You replied. 

Finally, the three of you reached the club room, and Hikaru pushed open the door. 

 Wait, why was it dark? 

 "SURPRISE!" 

 You yelped in shock as a large cheer rang out, and the lights were suddenly turned on. Party poppers exploded in front of you, and holding them were the host club members. "Wha-?" You were too stunned to ask what was happening, but it sure wasn't your birthday today. 

 "Y/N, we know you've been studying hard recently, but sometimes you need a break from all the work." Kyoya said, stepping in front of you. "You can call on me any time to help you out." he added, and patted you on the shoulder. 

"Now, let's have some cake!" Honey-senpai exclaimed loudly, gesturing to a giant cake sitting on one of the tables. "I had it imported from France, it's delicious!" 

 With that, you spent the rest of lunch sitting and laughing with everyone, and enjoying cake of course. 

 It turns out that even the littlest surprise could go a long way.

A/N 

Some big announcements! 

1. I'm thinking of ending this book... finished of course! Meaning separate endings and everything but I want to at least (if possible) get to 40+ chapters before Summer is over! ♥

2. I'm making an OHSHC Trilogy! 

-This means another book will come out with two other OHSH Host with a reader or an OC! 

-I really want you guys to choose whether it is "x Reader" again or "x OC" this time. It isn't official yet, but comment below which one you want! The book will most likely be released in Fall on my birthday :) It'll most likely be a Kyoya/Tamaki sort of story! By the way, I have never done and OC book before but I think it would be fun! 

3. I entered this in the official Wattys so please wish this book luck, because that means you guys can't vote this time XOXO

Vote Goal: 85 ♥