14. Vows for lifetime

How can she do that to me? She snatched everything from me

How can she do that to me? She snatched everything from me. This is one of my big day. Mumma is not beside me to give courage to step into this new beginning but atleast her things can make me feel her presence.

I wanted to shout on top of my lungs that she is the bitch who is playing with me. But I am helpless. I pitied myself who is weak, miserably crying, who cannot fight for her rights. I have right on my mumma’s jewelry.

But instead of fighting I am crying at my fate. I have cried to my heart's content to forget the pain I am feeling in my heart but not on my cheek.

Although I felt like I wanted to lock myself in the room and wanted to cry in agony. But I have thought about papa and Arjun's family. I cannot give up like this.

So I motivated myself and splashed my face with water to cleanse tear marks and make myself presentable as no one can doubt. As I came out of the washroom, wiping my face, my sight fell on the dressing table. I immediately went near it. I found my mumma's bracelet in my old jewelry box which she gave me on my 4th birthday which was the last birthday I celebrated with her.

Thank you mumma, even if I can't wear your jewelry this bracelet is enough for me. This makes me feel your presence, mumma. This is a big step in my life and I want your blessings to start this new journey.

I never complained about anything but today I am feeling lonely mumma. Why did you leave me? I don't cry, I am your strong girl. I tried to divert myself.

I went to get ready. Makeup artists gave a weird look. Why don't they when the bride has fingerprints on her cheek just before her wedding. I tried to ignore their constant whispers which are probably about me. Hairdresser did her job. They helped me in wearing lehenga which was heavier than me.

Everything is perfect except for one thing that is a smile on my face. I am glowing and beautifully breathtaking. Red lehenga itself gives the whole beauty to the bride.

Hair is properly made into a bun. As I don't like heavy makeup I instructed makeup artists to go with a subtle look.

Tara came as my buoy up. She is cheerful that made me forget the previous moments.

“ my goodness….. you're looking hell beautiful . If I was a boy definitely I would marry you. Arjun is gone for real.Nazar na Lage…” Tara is literally over dramatic.

“ Don't you think you are exaggerating. Eww I won't marry a dramebaaz like you..” with that I chuckled.

“ Anvi I am excited to see you in mandap”

Our friendship is less than two months but the bond we share is something I can't express. She is another Neha for me.

The way she admires me and adorns me made me feel emotional. She is selfless.Arjun is a lucky idiot to have friends like them.