7. Compulsion

How was the last chapter? However you guys are not gonna react. But let me know how is this chapter. Try to vote and comment.
Lots of love ❤️❤️❤️

___________________________________________

MANVIKA'S POV :

Papa and I have reached home. But this time I felt something different from last time I left. Maa came towards me and received me. This is a shock to me because she is happy and smiling at me which is unusual.

"Anvi get freshen up and come for tea", maa informed me. To which I just nodded.

Papa is not that cheerful as everytime, maybe something is bothering him. I thought if it is something important then he'll tell himself. With this I went to my room and freshen up.

As I was just relaxing by sitting on couch and scrolling through my phone. At the same moment someone knocked on my room door. As I said come in maa and bhabhi both entered.

Ok it is the rare moment as maa came to my room to my suprise even bhabhi came. I felt like something is cooking between them.

"Anvi I have something important to talk with you", maa said , like when she took my opinion?

" Ha maa I am all ears."

"I don't want to beat around the bush, I'll straight come to the point. You got a marriage proposal."

This is the earth shaking thing to me and world under my feet crumbled. I don't know how to react to it or even I am hallucinating.

"Your Papa's one of the friend Rajesh uncle's son Arjun have seen you in pallavi's wedding and he likes you. So they sent a marriage proposal for you." This is the last thing that I want to listen about my marriage that to from maa.

"Maa, I am not ready for this marriage", I said sternly.

"Anvi, first listen to me. They are even ready to allow you to continue your studies and they will support you. Few days back itself Rajesh uncle discussed about this marriage proposal with your papa." Maa said not showing any interest in what I am saying.

Like who are they to give permission to me to continue my studies. Only my parents has that right. Do I need their opinion about my studies? Then it is a no.

"Maa, but I want to complete my studies and make my career ", I kept my decision.

"They are allowing you to continue all these even after marriage."

What the hell about them involving in my life.

"But maa, marriage is not in my plan until I complete my studies, I want to explore things and try them."

I made efforts to make maa understand.

Bhabhi is silently watching all this drama, like she is enjoying it. But atleast she can make maa understand that I am not ready for this marriage.This made me even to dislike her.

"Anvi these all things will be good in planning and imagining, not in reality. A girl should settle early and should have a family", Maa explained.

What is this with all stereotypes? Marriage is a lifetime commitment and a promise which lasts for lifetime. I am not expecting this and maybe I cannot assure the same to the person who is marrying me.

"Maa, what ever you say but marriage is not the thing that I can compromise now."

By looking at maa's expression I can understand how much she is annoyed by my constant denial.

Suddenly she told to bhabhi "Sanjna I want to talk with Anvi in private." Just by that bhabhi left the room. Maa locked the room.

As bhabhi left , maa's demeanor changed. Now I am getting tensed just by looking at her.