Chapter 214

He hid his feelings and said as if he were offering a great favor.

"It's a very valuable drug, but I'm happy to be able to help."

"Thank you, but how much does it cost?"

"I can't sell it cheaply because of the cost of the ingredients. I'm afraid you'll have to pay a total of 50,000 pena."

For reference, the cost of the raw materials was 5,000 pena.

It was a tenfold rip-off, but Marquis Tern thought it was too cheap.

"Fifty thousand pena? Only?"

'Considering the value of the drug, isn't that a bargain? If it were me, I would have taken advantage of the weakness and asked for an exorbitant price.'

Marquis Terne couldn't understand Raymond's generosity.

"...Why on earth would you make such an offer? Isn't this rather lopsided in my favor?"

Raymond put on his best saintly face, sensing that Marquis Terne was half-baiting him.

"It is for the good of your estates."

"...!"

"They are subjects of the same kingdom of Houston, though of different estates, and it is but natural that I should look out for them."

Marquis Terne was speechless and unable to reply.

'... I'm ashamed.''

Marquis Terne burned the food to humiliate Raymond.

But Raymond, on the contrary, was looking out for Marquis Terne's people.

In exchange for curing the queen!

'... He has cured my sister, I am still wary of him, and yet he is willing to do this good deed again.'

Shame, admiration, and astonishment came together.

'...How can a man be so good? Is he really an angel from heaven?'

Suddenly, he couldn't help but wonder.

'... Should I continue to antagonize a man like this?'

There was only one reason he antagonized Raymond: because of Remerton.

But Remerton was no match for Raymond.

He always knew that, but today he realized it more clearly.

What was the point of antagonizing Raymond now that Remerton was effectively disqualified from the throne?

Such thoughts racked Marquis Terne's mind endlessly.

"...In any case, that's not much of a repayment. Tell me what else you want."

Raymond realized from the weakness in Marquis Terne's voice that the time was ripe.

'It's time to build.'

"All I want is for your people to live happier, more prosperous lives."

"... Heh. That's not what you want..."

Marquis Terne shook his head in disbelief.

Raymond spoke the decisive word.

"I want you to be happy with the people of my province of Rafalde, and with the people of the Kingdom of Droton, who are now our allies."

Marquis Terne's eyes widened.

'Together.'

He understood the meaning of Raymond's words.