☠︎︎ 23. Drown in Misery ☠︎︎

Começar do início

"Captain! Captain!"

"What if he is dead?"

"Captain's dead?!"

"Folks... what are we going to do now?"

"Sink me! This is bad! You should have seen him sooner. This is all your fault."

Kim felt a wooden body of a ship under him, and he knew, that they were safe. He and Chay were safe. Rolling himself to a side he coughed out the water that was stuck in his lungs and looked up at his dumbfounded crew, "I'm not dead, you bunch of idiots. Thankfully." He looked around. Searching for Chay. But with each passing second when he couldn't see him, Kim's body tensed and his heart slowed down its rhythm almost to death... that was how Kim felt without Chay now—dead.

"Where's Porchay?" he asked, pulling himself up on his knees, his eyes looking for an answer on the face of each member of his crew.

But everyone was silent.

"I asked, where's Porchay?" Kim screamed.

"We don't know, captain," Big was finally the one brave enough to say something.

"What did you just say?" Kim's voice dropped low. His hand on reflex grabbed a sabre from a belt of the pirate standing right next to him and pointed it at Big's throat. "What did you just say?" Kim repeated... slower now.

"We don't know where Porchay is. When we found you, you were alone," Big calmly explained.

Frowning, Kim withdrew the sabre, "where did you find me?"

"We were looking everywhere for you, captain, but we couldn't find you so we've decided to sail back towards the Port la Royale, figuring that the town is the base for us so maybe you'll be there somehow. Right now, we are not that far from the port... we should be there till evening. We found you just a couple of minutes ago floating in the ocean... but you were truly alone."

"I couldn't be fucking alone! I was with my Porchay, and all of you," Kim pointed at everyone with the sabre, "are going to help me find him!"

"Aye, captain!" the pirates all nodded at the same time, most of them confused more than anything else about what was even happening.

"We are going to the Port la Royal. All of you will help me search every nook and cranny of that damn town and... if we won't find him, we are sailing once again. None of you is going to rest until we find my partner. Now move your asses back to work! And keep your eyes wide open... Porchay can be anywhere."

This was what scared Kim the most Chay could have been anywhere, literally anywhere. Even in a different timeline... centuries away from him. How could that happen? How could they break apart? They were together. Kim could still feel the warmth of Chay's gentle skin. He had to find Chay. There was no other possible outcome. Kim hand to find him, but the only way he would be able to do that was if Chay was still in the 18th century because if he was back in the 21st century then Kim would be hopeless. He would have no way to reach Chay. He didn't have the Ruby Red. Only Chay had it. Hopefully, still had it. Only Chay would be able to come back to Kim from the future.

And somehow, even though, it hurt Kim to think like that, maybe if Chay was back in his own century it was better than if he were in Kim's century but without Kim. In the 21st century, Chay was safe. That century was his home. But here in the 18th century? The century of pirates... in Kim's century? So many dangerous things were around... so many pirates, with intentions much worse than Kim's could ever be, were around... Kim feared the worst—his darlin' being captured by some other pirate captain.

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

"Wakey wakey, pretty boy!"

Chay gasped, his body shuddered as the cold water hit his face and soaked his clothes. He was lying on hard, dirty ground. There was hay scattered under him. The place was dark, and when he lifted his head to find out what was happening, his eyes landed on iron bars and two pirates standing on the other side of the bars. Bars.