☠︎︎ 3. Parley ☠︎︎

— two worlds collide on the shore

one dark and one even more

danger creeps on his neck

but he can never go back —

Chay kept staring at Kim's burned palm as if it was something impossible, something rare and outright blasphemous. How could that even happen? Why did it happen? Was the Ruby Red so used to Chay's touch now that it rejected anyone else? Even its rightful owner? Or was that another hidden part of the curse? Something else to prolong Kim's suffering?

Before Chay's shock from what he saw subsided, his shoulders were squeezed hard, and his body was being pushed down to the sand, Kim's crazy eyes looking down at him.

"What have you bloody done to me, you bas—" suddenly, Kim started coughing, his eyes filled with tears.

Slowly, Chay pushed Kim away and looked at him with curious eyes, "well, I think that this means you can't be mean to me."

Kim stopped coughing and glared at Chay, "magic! Dark magic. Witch! That's what you are. Bloody witch!"

"I'm not a witch. I'm just Chay—the love of your life," Chay grinned and grabbed the Ruby Red still shining in the sand right next to his feet. "And also the only person around you right now who can touch this. So I guess you need me, captain."

"Love of my life... the only person... bunch of a fucking nonsense..." Kim mumbled under his breath as he skillfully tore a piece of his water-soaked shirt, wrapped it around his hand and grabbed the Ruby Red from Chay's hand.

"Now I can touch it, little boy. Sadly it seems that I don't need—"

A similar wince as before once again left Kim's mouth and the diamond back in the sand lay.

Chay smirked in satisfaction, "well, as it seems, you do still need me, little pirate."

"What I need is my ship and my crew back! And you," Kim pointed a finger at Chay, "you are going to give them back to me."

With an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach, Chay noticed the blood dripping from the tip of Kim's finger. It was the same hand that had burned skin right in the middle of the palm. But, if it was bleeding now and Kim touched his shoulders just moments ago... Chay looked down at his baby blue t-shirt which now had the colour of a raging storm instead, and just like he thought, there on his shoulder was a bloody handprint. Chay gulped down, well, now he definitely needed new clothes... something more fitting for the 18th century.