Kamisato Ayato V

Imagine sitting next to each other a meter away from each other as the two of you surrounded with nothing but silence as you two watch as dawn came upon he horizon.

"Have you ever wonder?"

"Wonder about what?"

"What we could have been if you aren't the Head of the Kamisato Clan."

Imagine the return of silence. Only the sound of the breeze came upon that makes you look away from the horizon into the guy right beside you. He was always like that. So close yet so far away. Someone within reach but you do not dare reach out.

Imagine the way you turn to look at the horizon, the sun was starting to emerge, painting the endless sea into warm colors as the day starts.

"I used to think about it alot. But I don't do that nowadays. There is no used thinking about the what ifs."

"I see." You chuckle.

"The sun is rising. I need to get going now, My lord"

Imagine as you were about to stand up, a hand grab your wrist. It was Kamisato Ayato looking at you, holding you tightly yet gently. As if if you were to brush his hands off away from yours, he would not hesitate to let go. Letting you know how easily he could and have already let you go.

"Anything else, My lord?"

"Can you stay...? Until the sun rises... Just until the sun rises..."

"... You're cruel until the very end... aren't you?" You spoke, not missing the pained look in his eyes that disappeared in a blink on an eye.

"Fine, just until the sun rises."

Imagine, they say that sun rises was a sign of new beginning, a new day. Perhaps it was right, painfully right as the two of you has now gone through different ways.

Imagine, looking at the sun that has rise from the horizon, a small, beautiful yet painful smile makes it's way on your lips as you stood up. Brushing off the invisible dirty on your clothes, you smoothen it out before turning your back on the man you loved, still love.

"(First name). Write me a letter once you arrived... okay?" Why does it sound like he was about to cry?

"...I.." With a deep breath and a clear of throat as you tried to hold on into every bit of your emotions.

"It's quite early, but congratulations on your marriage soon to happened, My lord."

Imagine, if only you looked back. If only you had the courage to look back. You would have seen how lonely he have become upon your departure. You would have seen how he was begging of you to stay as selfish as it may have seen. Because let's face it. You are whom he loves, but not the one he needed for the sake of his Clan.

 You are whom he loves, but not the one he needed for the sake of his Clan

ᶜᵃⁿ ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵇᵉ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵒⁿ ᵐʸ ᵗᵘᵐᵇˡʳ ᵃᶜᶜ

[ⓒ𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴-𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽-𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓸] 2023°