Jing Yuan

Imagine as you and Jing Yuan stood across each other, weapon in hand. Despite the blood both on your body and faces there was some sort of smiles on your faces. One was a smile of agony and the other was a genuine smile. At that very moment, it felt like anything, anyone besides the two of you have disappeared. Like it was just the two of you in this chaotic field.

"Seriously... how did we come into this?" "Heh, that's a very nice question you have in there." You chuckle, hands playing with your weapon before dropping it. "You-..." "How about we dance?" "Are you crazy-" "Come on now, Love." He hates it when you call them like that, he hates the way it still gives him a lingering feeling on their stomach. "For old times sake?"

Imagine how much he hates this very fucking moment and yet dropping his weapon, he look a deep breath before replying. "For old times sake." It was stranger, how such words could hold so many unsaid feelings, so many memories, so much love.

"You've gotten good at dancing." "I can't have you always taking the lead, can I?" He replied. "Really? Not because you have practice with someone else?" "I only dance with you." "Pfff you're still cute as ever, Love." "Don't call me that." "But you like it when you call me that. See? Your ears are red." "No, it isn't." "Come on don't be silly, it's obviously red!" He hates it, he hates it how you turn your back at them, at him and now act like nothing happens. He hates how much he missed you in his arms.

"This is the last spin." "Such pity how all of this would come to an end." You chuckle as you let him spin only to felt his hold on your hand tighten and the way he somehow felt stiff looking down at his other hand. "You're... bleeding." "Yes, quite for some time now." You chuckle and only then did he notice how much your lips were trembling and how pale looking you were right now. "Then-!" "Come to think of it... how was snowmoon?" Who? Oh right.

"Why aren't you answering? I left my cub with you. But now that I think of it, you've been away for too long. We've been away for too long." "You need to get fix-" "The blade that struck me was lased with poison. Let me lean on you for a moment. I'm quite tired now." "Have you forgotten we're currently enemies-?!" He stopped. He stopped talking as he felt you slowly cooling down in his arms. The way you cling into him. He stopped.

"Jing Yuan... Yuan... My love, my light" Unconsciously, he hold into you. He hold on you tight and he hates it. He hates the way he cling into you, silently wishing and hoping this isn't it. "For old times sake... Can I hear you say it again?" He hates it. He hates it how you could easily take advantage of him by simply uttering those words. "I hate that I love you even after all the shit that you put me-us through. Do you know that?" Then he heard you chuckle. "I'm... sorry." He can feel your hold slowly loosening. "That was the only way... I could... Think off..."

Imagine the way he hates it. He have already seen you turning your back at him and this time, you've leaving him again somewhere far away. "Hey.." "Hmm?" "You're leaving me again." "Hehe... Jing... Yuan..." "... what?" "Thank.. you.."

For old times sake? For old times sake. For the love that once was there, and is still there but we could no longer hold on into. So just this once, I'll do it for you. Just this once, for the love that was there and would soon be forgotten.

 Just this once, for the love that was there and would soon be forgotten

ᶜᵃⁿ ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵇᵉ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵒⁿ ᵐʸ ᵗᵘᵐᵇˡʳ ᵃᶜᶜ

[ⓒ𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴-𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽-𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓸] 2023°

ps. this is the first honkai imagine I have in this book compilation and yes, this is now a mixed of Genshin and Honkai compilation book.