The one that got away

Featuring. Diluc, Targlia, Zhongli, Ayato

 Diluc, Targlia, Zhongli, Ayato

Diluc Ragnavindr

I should have told you what you meant to me.

Imagine being a part of Diluc's team back when he was a still part of the knights of favonius when he serves as the captain. You were a few years older than him and unlike looking at him with envy like the others did, you look at him with nothing but admiration and respect. Maybe that's what pulled him close to you.

Imagine being one of the best knights to have you by his side, the only on in his team who doesn't seem to hold a grudge on him. He could still remember that you were you approached him despite the disapproval glance that was given to him by the other knights.

"Diluc Ragnvindr right? I'm (First name)(Lastname), will serve as the vice captain of your team sir. It's a pleasure to meet you." You spoke, holding our a hand with a smile. Seeing him hesitant to shake your hand, you grabbed his with hold hand as shook it gently. "Don't mind others, they'll get used to it in no time. Besides seeing now that you have my approval, the way they treated you will be better in no time." You smile reassuringly at him.

Imagine you being a senior knight guide him what he was lacking as a captain which lead him to become a righteous knight as his term continues. You were always there by his side, standing as his guide and partner in work. Most of the time the two of you were left alone in the office which leads to late night walks and talks.

Imagine the people around you always saying that the two of you seems like a couple as you two suits each other. Like a perfect puzzle piece for each other. In times of those teasing, you would always just laugh it out, pointing out the little age gap in between the two of you that no one, even him, doesn't seem to mind. Diluc would never forget the way you tried to suppress your blush as you clench your fist tight. Everyone could tell there was something going on in between the two of you.

Imagine you, who have heard the news of the sudden ambush on your captain's way home with his father after his coming of ceremony, tried your best to come as soon as possible but still come in late. Looking at your captain hugging the body of his father right next to his step brother, you couldn't help but to clench your fist as you bit your lips. It was way too late.

"Wait! Captain wait! Please wait up!-" you stopped once he turn around to face you. You have been cashing after him ever since he burst out of thr office. "Please captain! Calm down, think about it fi-" "Calm down? Calm down?! How can you ask me that when it was all thank to my father that we are saved and what?! You want to disclose this to the public?!" That made you shut up. It's not like you want this to happened, he knew that too, you as a mere knight have no power to disobey others from the above.