“what– what are you doing!? what are they doing?!” I moved to grab his arm but was suddenly stopped as a guard grabbed my wrist. looking over a sickening feeling washed over me at the familiar face of the man holding me. 

Matt.

as I tried to pull my arm away he quickly restrained me, none to gently pulling one arm behind my back and wrapping his arm around my neck, holding me to his front with a snicker. I shrieked in response but my struggles were quickly halted as he twisted my arm painfully. “Where do you think you're going?!” Matt said in my ear, getting uncomfortably close. 

“let go of me!” I shouted but Matt refused to relent in his hold.

Kerian sighed as he turned to us and looked on with disappointment. “You don't understand how important this is to us and humanity as a whole…” 

“good?! How is torturing a creature who wants nothing more than to be left alone, so you can't get his core, good?!”

“Ava, obtaining this monster's core could change Everything. If we can extract it then we can gain control over it. Complete control. but this is just the beginning! If we learn how to tame a monster like this then we can do so with others, more powerful ones! we can modify them, create our own force of creatures to counter the rest–”

“What's the point!?” I cut in and Matt squeezed my neck for interrupting but kerian signaled for him to stop and let me speak. glaring at kerian I practically growled, still trying to get free. 

“You want to make weapons out of them?! for what purpose?! to shed more blood!? to make things worse between humans and these anomalies!? Why do this at all?! they've been lying dormant for hundreds if not thousands of years! Why kick the hornet's nest!?”

Kerian watched me for a long moment before responding. “I've already told you. to save humanity.”

I just looked at him like he was mad. ‘Save humanity!? how is this–’

“enough talking let's begin.” kerian spoke up. 

“Yes sir.” Matt responded happily before walking us towards the glass wall and making me kneel, before cuffing my hands in front of me. 

as he let me go I looked back at them confused as kerian gave the capture team a signal to get ready. 

“What are you going to do?” I questioned. 

“Initially with the recent changes happening with each of the subjects I had assumed S-59's interest in you had gone away almost completely. that was until Sergeant Matthew witnessed you sneaking into the creature's vault late last night.”

I paled in realization. “Doc loved hearing how you snuck in and used a stolen keycard to get into the observation chamber. not only that but how you so willingly just walked into the vault…”

“sergeant…” kerian spoke up in a scolding tone. “enough messing around.” 

“yeah, yeah just trying to have some fun…” the sound of something buzzing behind me caught my attention and i looked over only for Matt to roughly grab me by the hair stic a earpiece in my ear. “now be a good girl and tell it to come out, or else…”

Matt then held up a taser before me and my eyes widened fearfully. ‘They are going to use me to get to his core!?’ gritting my teeth I kept my mouth shut refusing to speak. ‘I'm not going to help them with this!’ 

Kerian rolled his eyes before grabbing the ear piece and stepping closer to the glass. “Subject-59 I advise you to come out of your chamber, I'm sure you’re watching us right now and you can see we have Miss Ava here. cooperate and reveal yourself so we may speak.” he demanded.