chapter 14

Staring ahead at the glass window before me as the dark fog moved around against the glass obscuring the view of most of the room, I could help but feel like this was a bad idea. 

Glancing back at kerian he only nodded as one of the guards came up beside me ready to enter the room as well. 

He was fully geared up with bulletproof padding and tactical gear, to protect him, and a big gun. I on the other hand was given nothing but the clothes on my back.

The airlock door opened and we both stepped inside. When the door behind us closed the one leaching into the containment room Opened and the dark fog creeped in, across the floor.

The soldier at my side raised his gun towards the dark mist before us and we slowly stepped out of the airlock. Through a bit of fog we were able to see back into the observation room through the glass where everyone was watching.

Kerians words repeated in my head as I turned to face the darkness. ‘Just ask a few questions, get some kind of response from it and then we will pull you out.’ That's all I have to do… but if he refuses to interact with me through the glass, how is entering the cage any better?

 taking a deep breath I looked around hoping to see some semblance as to where S-59 was, but there was nothing.

“H-hello?” I called out. No response.

“S-59, can we talk?” I asked. Again no response.

“I know you told me I couldn't come back to communicate with you but–” my voice trailed off. Even if I told him my life was on the line, he had no reason to care, he co sidereal humans a nuisance. If he doesn't want to communicate or interact then he won't. 

“Please, come out, or say something. Anything.” 

The guard beside me was slowly scanning the room with his rifle, ready to shoot anything that moves towards us. 

Silence continued to be the only response I was getting and I could see the director growing frustrated. 

Walking over towards a console he grabbed an earpiece and connected it to the speakers within the room we were in. 

“push harder. Order it to come out of hiding or else!” He demanded.

I looked back at the glass wall and panicked a bit. Kerian seemed unphased with little to no concern upon his face and it made my chest tighten. 

“I-i can't just make him do as I ask– if he refuses to speak that's not something I can control!”

“You will make it communicate again, just as you did before.” The director stated coldly. 

I shook my head in disbelief. “But I didn't do anything before! He was the one who approached me! He said he didn't wish to speak with me again–

“Hmph… I see. Guard, Return to the observation room with Miss ava. This was a waste of time…”

My blood ran cold at the director's words and Kerian shook his head in disappointment before turning to walk away.

‘If the director thinks you are useless he will simply throw you in the cell of another monster that won't hesitate to kill you.’ Kerians words replayed in my mind.

“Let's go.” The guard demanded. Grabbing my injured hand. I cried out and struggled to pull away from him.

“No wait!” I shouted in an attempt to stop what was to come. If I left this room I'll be as good as dead.