Chapter 3 [Alexander]

Hmph, no sign of anyone! Fuck.. I need to find shelter! I've already run into about five walkers, snuck around two huge groups of 'em and crossed about three dangerous roads.

There it is. Where we last saw each other. I peek out the bushes I was hiding in to check if there was anything nearby. There was at least four walkers strolling by the area. Damnit! I already knew that they probably weren't there, unless they're in that hotdog truck or if they're one of the walkers. Before I approach the area, another appeared from behind the truck. 

"Seriously?!" I sighed and rolled my eyes. I have to go there. I have to check just to make sure! Outside, I may seem like I really don't want to go, but in the inside, I'm all like "We gotta check. We gotta make sure. They're your only allies for now." I will admit, I did have to think this through, but now I'm sure of it. I'm sure that I want to go there. 

I take a step forward. SNAP! I look down at the broken branch I stepped on. "Oh, you've gotta be kidding me." I readied my axe. Two walkers responded to the noise, then  looked around furiously. The female walker noticed me first, then started sprinting towards me. The male walker glimpsed at the female walker, then noticed where I was. I steathfully ran towards the building behind me and hid on the left side. The female walker looked to the left and to right, but she sensed me.

The walker stopped sprinting and limped towards my way, as she looked to the right, I raised up my axe and sliced her head in half. Blood squirted onto my face. This has got to be the grossest thing ever. The male walker went past the bush I was hiding in before I hid somewhere else. I get into position. He walked to his left and actually looked straight at where he was walking. Then, he stopped on my right and slowly turned around, then looked at me. I sliced his head before he can even moan.

I fell to the ground, trying to wipe the blood off my face, but instead, I smeared it and made it worse. I sighed heavily. I can't believe this is happening. The Zombie Apocalypse? A show? A movie? Fake? Not today, bro. This is reality. I got back to my feet and exhaled. I slowly sauntered back to the bush, peeking at the truck. I examined my watch, hoping that there's still a lot of daylight left. It was 5:00PM. I'm kinda runnin' outta time. "Oh, fuck this!" I sighed. I ran out the bush and yelled at the walkers. "Hey, ugly faces. Ew, look at you. Disgusting!" I taunted the things.

All I heard was screaming and moaning. Those zombies were frantic! They were definitely out their minds. These... Empty-headed cannibals! Everytime I see these things... A bit of my heart breaks. How can an impossible thing turn so... possible... Whatever. Forget about everything. I think it's time for me to slice some heads! 

One by one, I sliced the walkers heads off. It was crazy, I felt like I was in a video game. I felt like a lunatic, grinnin' while choppin'. Rock music was playing in my head.

About ten minutes later—currently 5:40 PM—I stood there. In the middle of the park. Next to the truck I wanted to get to, surrounded with dead bodies. There were more walkers than I thought. They were all turtled up behind that truck, chewing on some fat body. Hmph. 'Murica and its obese people. Well anyway, this place is clean. Nothing in the truck, no sign of anyone. Until...

"Psst." A random noise hissed behind my back. I spun around, looking for that sound. 

"Psst!" It repeated. I raised my axe up and started walking around, looking for that noise. Then, I heard a sudden shout. "Cover!" A girl shouted to my right, I turned back around seeing a group of walkers heading towards me. There were more than ten of  'em. I ran towards the girl with my head down as she threw a grenade at the cluster of zombies. After a few seconds, it exploded. 

I looked at the lady. "Dude, thank you so much, y-you saved me back there-" 

She interrupted my sentence. "Stop talking and follow me."

~  ~  ~

After a long walk, she looked at me precariously. "Do you have any bites?" 

I shook my head. "No..." It became silent again. "Um, are you by yourself?"

"Not really." She played with a knife. "You?"

"I wasn't." I replied with a sigh.

"I'm sorry."

"Well they aren't dead. Well at least I'm hoping they're not."

"I know how you feel."

"So, who are you with?" We entered an abandoned store. 

"Some dude that I met a few days ago. We've been hiding in a building about a couple of miles away." She went to go gather some food.

I sat down and watched her. "Oh... Interesting..."

"I was in a group. But, a few days after the apocalypse started, my friends made a terrible decision." She sat down with me and shared a box of Cheerios. "They dragged me to the police station to get some weapons and all that, but..." She started crying. "W-we got separated, a-and, I got all the equipment and I ran outside, t-then I heard screaming!" She started sobbing. "Two o-of my friends got to the door, but th-those zombies pulled them back, a-and they ate them! Th-they ate my friends, I-I couldn't do anything, I-I was so useless!" I stared at the lady as she cried on my shoulder.