Chapter 14: Picturesque

Pic cred Dairen

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Trigger Warning: violence and blood

Third Person POV

Saturday is a very, very nerve racking day for Taehyung. For the weekends, it's always only Yoongi and Taehyung at the shop as the two boys need their times for studies and refreshment too.

But Taehyung is exceptionally nervous today. When he went to see Jeongguk thursday night, he was nervous too but that was because he thought Jeongguk won't even listen to his suggestion but be did, even it for them to be declined and he also explained that this needed to be done in his very own way of explaining.

Taehyung is kind of glad Jeongguk doesn't sugarcoat it and that if he didn't agree to fight, Kyungmin or Kang would hurt him anyway because they know somehow hurting him means hurting Yoongi and their whole group.

Well they don't know the whole truth that only Yoongi would be worried and no one else. Maybe Namjoon too, a bit.

He's fucked anyways. Literally.

Taehyung gags at the thought of Kyungmin's deal if be wins. Taehyung prays to every heaven out there that he doesn't.

"Taehyung." Yoongi calls him as he sees him lost in the thought.

"You don't have to be there tonight." Yoongi says and Taehyung shakes his head.

"I want to be there." Taehyung says. "How are you so sure they won't send anyone here while you all are busy in the arena."

"They won't. Kang won't---not if Kyungmin loses, which he will." Yoongi says.

"I really hope so." Taehyung mumbles.

"I hope you're no mad that Jeongguk agreed to this and the deal was made on you." Yoongi says.

"Huh?"

"Aren't you mad that he said yes without asking you because it was made on you, the deal." Yoongi asks.

"But---that wasn't the point. Jeongguk wasn't the one who made it, Kyungmin did. He's the one who said it and Jeongguk had no other choice, right?" Taehyung frowns.

Yoongi smiles a little. "I'm glad you know Jeongguk had no choice but to say yes. Asking you was not the option, I'm sorry to say. If you had said no and so did Jeongguk---whatever would happen to you just so Kyungmin could make a statement would be beyond our hands." Yoongi says and Taehyung shudders at that.

"That's how deals are made. You were unfortunately there and he made a bet on you. Right now, this match is something that's in our hands and we can use it to get you and ourselves out of this stupid situation." Yoongi explains.

"I'm sorry that you have to hear this but it was never about your consent. It was about your safety. I hope you don't blame Jeongguk for not even bothering to ask you." Yoongi says.

"No, I---I understand. I was never blaming him---". Taehyung stutters. "I was just---".

Worried? Scared for him? Is worried and is scared still? Is that what I want to say?

"I know the situation. I understand. You just---said that he tried to k*ll Jeongguk and that's what's bothering me." Taehyung sighs, admitting defeat.

"I fucking hate him but I'm not cruel that the thought of someone getting in that bloody war zone doesn't faze me even if it's him." Taehyung needs to stop talking because when he looks at Yoongi, he's smiling ever so gently and softly that it's barely there but still so obvious at the same time.