Chapter 7: Hawthorn

Pic cred piuuvy

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk isn't the one to go to his father's house or the office if there isn't say emergency which is also very rare. The last time he was in the same vicinity of that man was Namjoon's cousin's engagement and even if his father had asked him to be there, he went because Namjoon asked him to accompany him.

And today is no emergency. His father didn't call him either and it's Sunday so he's probably in their house. The house where he used to live too when she was alive, when they were the so called perfect family everyone thought they were. Jeongguk can count on fingers of his one hand how many times he's been there since he moved out six years ago.

But today, he's feeling extremely agitated for no reason. Well he never really need a reason to be in a bad mood but throwing punches to his punching bag didn't help at all. And he needs to blow off some steam.

So he enters the house that's too big for one family let alone two people that currently reside in it. His father and whatever bitch he married after her mother. And he's sure he's cheating on her too behind her back.

Typical Jeon Hyunwoo.

The guard bows at him as he enters, leaves his bike outside the parking lot. He enters the enormous house and finds his father in the living room, watching some news. His wife isn't anywhere to be seen.

"Surprised you're here, son." His father says even without looking at him. He hates it when he calls him son.

"Not really happy to be here, just wanted to ask you something." Jeongguk says, walking forward and stands behind one of the couch.

"I'm listening."

"Did you know what day it was three days ago?" Jeongguk asks.

"Wednesday." His father shrugs.

"Oh poor me got to know such a vital information." Jeongguk utters.

"What is it, Jeongguk?" His father asks, turning to him finally.

"Did you visit her, on that fucking wednesday?" Jeongguk asks.

"Visit who?"

Jeongguk scoffs, a bitter laugh escaping his lips at the answer.

"Right, of course you won't remember because you're too busy screwing that bitch that you forgot it was your wife's fucking death anniversary!" Jeongguk exclaims.

"Honey, what's wrong?" And the said bitch appears like magic.

"Oh, Jeongguk's here." She smiles but he sees the malice right through it.

"Did you even remember it was the day she died and no one but you are the cause of it?" Jeongguk demands. His father remains as stoic as ever.

"Jeongguk, would you stay for---".

"I'm not fucking talking to you so do me and yourself a favor and shut up or better just leave." Jeongguk says.

"If you have nothing important to say, you can leave." His father says.

"Oh? You're the one who wants the sole heir to always be next to you in the meetings and pay attention to office and now you're telling him to leave?" Jeongguk chuckles.

"You're not in the right mind---".

"Don't you fucking dare tell me I'm not right in the head every damn time! You know you're wrong. You fucking kill her and then have an audacity to ask me who I'm talking about?" Jeongguk seethes.