Chapter 11: Finesse

Pic cred bt__art23

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

By going out, Taehyung thought they'd finally go to the beach because he really, really wanted to but they decided it for tomorrow. Today however, they were close to the sea but Taehyung was sure he won't be liking what they're about to do.

Zip lining.

Taehyung absolutely hates heights and they're all apparently very happy with it. Taehyung already feels his legs and heart shaking and they aren't even at the spot yet.

Holding on to the railing as they make their way towards where they're supposed to be geared up, he stops for a moment and doesn't even dare look down even if it's not the height as compared to how it's on the mountain zip lining.

"Scaredy little cat, little, little scaredy cat~" Jeongguk walks in front of him while singing, not even looking at him and Taehyung has an urge to kick him and send him zip lining but without the gear.

"You okay?" Yoongi asks and Taehyung nods, putting up a smile and he walks forward.

"Hyung, is there any chance I could get paired up with any of you?" Taehyung asks Yoongi.

"You don't want to do it? You don't have to, Tae." Yoongi says.

"I want to but you know, I'm kind of afraid of heights." Taehyung admits.

"It's alright, Tae. We can just ask a guide to be paired with you." Yoongi says but in the peripheral, Seokjin goes first, screaming in excitement as he does and Taehyung makes up his mind right there and then.

"I'll just wait for you guys to finish up and then meet you down." Taehyung says. Yoongi only chuckles and pats his back.

They all get geared up for it, Jeongguk being the last and wait for their turn. Hoseok is reluctant at first, screams in fear at first but then he gets excited too.

"Scared, petal?" Jeongguk utters as he watches Taehyung not getting ready for it.

"No, just not feeling well." Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"You sure? Can see your legs shaking." Jeongguk smirks and Taehyung has a very high urge to punch it off his face.

"I'm not scared. I just told you I'm not feeling well." Taehyung huffs.

"So you're scared. Stupid excuses." Jeongguk laughs and it's clear he's mocking him.

"Little petal is scared of heights. It's alright, not everyone can do this." Jeongguk utters. He's challenging.

Taehyung is not a competitive person. Not really. Okay, maybe a little bit but that's alright. He's alright. It's not like he's going to just accept Jeongguk's challenge. So what if he's scared of heights?

"As a matter of fact, I'm doing it." Taehyung says, head high up and gaze right into Jeongguk's.

"Please be my guest, petal." Jeongguk snickers.

Taehyung should've kept his mouth shut. Since when does he go around accepting stupid challenges and it wasn't even one. It was just Jeongguk trying to get a rise out of him and Taehyung fell right into it.

"You'll have to wait since this is the last gear---".

"Oh no, he'll go with me." Jeongguk says, mischief resting on his lips and Taehyung narrows his eyes at him.

"You fucking wish." Taehyung mumbles.

"I knew you were scared. How sad." Jeongguk clicks his tongue.

"Would you like to do it or just wait?" The instructor asks.