Chapter Twenty Five

Carol was glad when four thirty came and she could leave for home, sighing as Carol remembered she said she would get Chinese for dinner. Locking her office and jumped slightly as she saw Helen still at her desk.

"Go home Helen as I am leaving for the day." Carol told her, smiling at the woman.

"Now that you are leaving, I can leave too." Helen answered, grabbing her things.

"You don't have to stay until I am ready to leave, I am fine here on my own." Carol said, not wanting Helen to waste her time on her.

"Yes, I do. I will stay as long as you are here and leave when you do." Helen answered, keeping her promise to River.

Carol frown at Helen's words and couldn't help but think River had something to do with this. Helen staying was her way of protecting her. It wasn't until now Carol realised how much power she had over Helen and how much she liked River, which wasn't easy as Helen didn't like anyone. It made Carol question their motives of their prank earlier, maybe it wasn't all about being mean and had a bigger meaning. Helen wasn't stupid and she was here protecting her for River, they had obviously been obvious in their affections for Helen to do this. Carol really liked Helen and she was a good woman despite her intolerance for people. She trusted River judgment of people and she also didn't like people, but River had a lot of respect for Helen. Carol suddenly had the desire to get to know Helen better and River was the perfect excuse, she would also be a good buffer.

"River and I are having Chinese for dinner; would you like to join us?" Carol asked, knowing she didn't have to hide with her and wanting to thank her.

"No thank you, I see enough of that little minx during the day." Helen answered, moved that she was asked. "Though I wouldn't say no to having lunch with you all."

"Certainly, we bring something in and share, I'm sure River would like that too. Well, I will see you tomorrow." Carol replied, happy to invite her for lunch.

"See you tomorrow, Carol." Helen said, going towards her car.

Carol headed to Kippax to get their dinner, she ordered their dinner and went over to Kippax Fair to find a reward for River. Going into The Reject Shop to see if they had anything, Carol realised that they needed to go little shopping with River as she didn't have a lot of little things and just the basics. Carol grabbed a basket to grab River some little things, finding some colouring books, pencils and textas. Going into the toy section Carol found the perfect stuffie for River, a wolf stuffie and she knew she would love it. Walking around the shop to see what else she could buy River, grabbing some canvas and paints to paint at home. Picking out several cushions with kittens on it and blankets with tiger and dragon on them. Carol paid for everything and headed back to Kevin's Place to pick up their dinner. Looking forward to getting home to River and spending the night with her. Carol planned to have little and big space fun with River, but if River was in little space that is alright as well and will cater to her mood.

River looked at the time and saw that Carol would be home soon, shutting down her computer after successfully hacking the school's and Chad's computer and phone. She found the usual porn and girlie pictures on his computer, but nothing that interested her and the same with his phone. Though his bank account was interesting, and she was tempted to steal the money, but left it alone for now. River set up the usual alerts to notify her of any crap he talks about with his dumbass friends. She set the kitchen table ready for dinner and fed Wolfie to stop her wanting their dinner, hopping on the table to steal their food. River was excited about spending the night alone with Carol, wanting to stay in big space and really make love to her. Maybe closer to bedtime she would be little and let Carol be her Mumma. However, they needed to bond in big space sexually as they already know each other and are comfortable together. River had to take a moment and process everything that has happened between them. Loving two amazing women and now living with them, planning a future with them. If River was honest, it blew her mind at how quickly she let go of her fears and let Carol and Katherine love her. Despite it only being last Friday they officially got together it felt longer. River concluded they were now on lesbian time where everything moves quicker, where a day equals a week, a week equals a month and so on.