Chapter Nine

When Katherine woke in the morning, she found herself wrapped tightly in Carol's arms. Memories of their love making over the weekend came back to her and she smiled a little. Katherine felt oddly safe in her arms and like she belonged there. They spent the weekend getting to know each other more, making love and just spending time together. They had been avoiding the subject of River, but if Katherine was being honest River was missing from their pairing and she still wanted the girl. It wasn't that Carol wasn't enough as she was, though there was an obvious hole in them, and she knew Carol also felt that absence as well. She had seen the wistful looks in their happiest moments, though they were brief as to not hurt Katherine and she wasn't hurt as she was feeling the same. Katherine felt Carol's embrace slightly tighten and then Carol rubbed her face against her, then she released her tight hold to stretch. It reminded Katherine of how her cat Omega used to wake up from a sleep, thinking it was rather cute and Kitty would be an appropriate nickname to call her.

"Kitty, time to wake up." Katherine said, trying out the nickname.

"I know and Kitty?" Carol answered, groaning at having to get up and questioning the term she used.

"That is your nickname now, you're waking up reminds me of a cat." Katherine told her, looking at her.

"Mmm, could be worse. Don't let River hear you say it as she would have a field day with it." Carol answered, thinking it was cute.

"Are you alright?" Katherine asked, wanting to touch base with her again.

"Yes, no regret here, and are you?" Carol answered, still feeling no regret.

"Yes, and no regret here either, we should get up for work." Katherine replied, reassuring her she didn't regret their weekend.

"I suppose." Carol said, wishing it was still the weekend.

Carol had enjoyed their weekend together, the talking and the making love. She felt like a changed woman, Carol felt a new confidence, and everything made sense to her. The her being gay question was answered, her newfound dominance in the bedroom and Katherine's submission to her has helped her new confidence. However, despite the weekend with Katherine being a big success, there was something missing and Carol knew it was River. On Friday River had given her a lot to think about, her need to make River jealous and her look of disappointment in Carol at it. That look hurt as only until then, River only looked at her with love and admiration and never saw her imperfections. Accepting Carol for all her flaws and never expected her to be anything other than herself, that is what she loved about River. Carol also knew that River hated games as Miranda was always playing games, though River was good at games as well and readily played them. Though when it came to her heart, River didn't play games and, in her pettiness, she forgot that. Carol had River in the palm of her hand, and she ruined it with her insecurity. Carol would see if River would talk to her today and see where she stood with her. Hoping that nothing has changed between them. Carol could be happy with Katherine, but she wanted her cake and eat it too.

They both got up and went into getting ready for work routine, Katherine gave Carol clothes to wear as she didn't have time to go home. Again, the feeling of comfort came as their own routine of getting ready for work combined. The same absence of earlier returned too as Katherine was finishing her coffee and eating a banana, wondering what River's morning was like. Carol came out showered and dressed, Katherine smiled as her three quarter pants looked like normal pants on Carol and still looked a little big on her.

"I know, but they will do. I will see you at work." Carol said, knowing what she was thinking.

"Ok Kitty." Katherine answered, smiling as Carol absent mindedly kissed her goodbye.