Chapter Twenty One

"Little one, can you wake up for Mumma." Carol said, wanting her to wake up.

River slowly began to wake up, reaching for Carol and snuggling into her body. Wanting to be in her arms and have Carol hold her, rubbing her face in her boobs. Wanting to nurse River pushed her shirt up to get to her boobs.

"You can nurse after dinner Little one." Carol told her, pushing her hands away.

River grumbled and whined at being denied, but when she heard Gary's squeals she understood. Carol moved away and pulled River up in her arms, carrying her over to the dinner table.

"Noes stay wif Mumma." River said, when Carol tried to put her down on the seat.

"Ok Little one." Carol said, sitting down on the chair and adjusting River so her back was against Carol's chest.

Katherine puts their plates in front of them, River sees beans, potato bake and crumbed chicken and everything chopped up for her. River grabbed a fork and fed herself so Carol could eat her dinner too, eating as much as she wanted. Wolfie jumped on the chair and then the dining table and went straight for River's chicken. River grabbed her and she growled at her and hung onto the chicken she stole.

"Naughty Wolfie, you don't get on the table and steal food." River told the growling kitten off and dropping her to the floor.

Wolfie landed on the floor and ate the piece of chicken, ready to jump back on the table. River grabbed some chicken off her plate and gave it to Wolfie, she had enough of her dinner. Putting piece after piece down for Wolfie, who greedily ate it all and growling as she ate. River would have to lock up Wolfie at mealtimes as her feral side would have her jumping on the table after their food. It will take her a while to lose her instinct to grab food and eat it, learning that food is always available, and she won't go hungry.

"Little one, you need to eat your chicken and not give it all to Wolfie." Carol told her, trying to get her to eat more.

"Noes, we iz done and she hungy." River answered, feeding Wolfie the rest of the chicken.

"Ok, Little one, but next time I want you to eat a little more and Wolfie will have to be locked away at mealtimes." Carol told her, letting River get away with not eating enough this time.

"Otay, canz we play with Wolfie now?" River answered, wanting to play with the kitten.

"Yes, Little one." Carol replied, letting her leave the table.

River climbed off Carol's lap and went into the lounge. Grabbing the cat toys to play with Wolfie. Gary started fidgeting as he wanted to play with River and the kitten, but stayed as he could only leave the table when Daddy said he could. Eating his dinner until he had eaten enough for his Daddy to be happy and let him go.

"Ok, you can go Baby boy." Michael said, now that he finished his dinner.

"Tank you Daddy." Gary answered, running over to River.

"Sit ova dere and we rollz the ball for Wolfie." River told Gary, waiting for him to sit, and rolling the ball to him.

Wolfie chased the ball as they rolled the ball back and forth, they giggled as Wolfie chased and attacked the ball.

"You coming to school tomorrow?" Gary asked, hoping she was now that she was staying.

"Yes, but I am only attending art and home economics." River answered, glad she could spend more time in the art room.

"Oh, so I have to go to class alone." Gary replied, not liking that.

"Yes, I will still help you with assignments and we can hang out at recess and lunch." River said, reassuring him they will spend time together.