Chapter Twenty Two

River stared at the portrait she had been painting for the last two hours on auto pilot, it was a portrait of a woman she wanted to forget and until last night she had been successful. River knew it was because Gary reminded her of her last night. River had awoken from a bad dream early this morning, the woman was chasing her, and she had to wake herself up. Thankfully she hadn't woken Carol and Katherine, she removed herself from Carol's arms and got up. River fed Wolfie and then went into her room to change, knowing she wouldn't sleep again. Thankfully it was only 6.30 and she would be getting up for school in an hour. River decided to go to the gym as she hadn't worked out for a week, needing to run off the fear the dream had overwhelmed her with. Getting on the treadmill and set it at a slow pace, warming up her legs and increasing the speed as she warmed up. River ran until she couldn't run anymore and turning off the treadmill. Sweat running down her face and body, her clothes clinging to her wet body from the exertion of her running. Gulping down a bottle of water, sitting down on a bench and sat there until her body relaxed and cooled down.

River jumped into the pool and floated in the water, enjoying the peacefulness it wrapped her in. River knew she would have to make peace with what happened and tell Carol and Katherine about it, she would have to be more open about her feelings. It wasn't that River didn't want to tell them or talk to them about her past, she just didn't want their pity. River knew this was the reason why she couldn't truly be at peace with forgiving Miranda and truly loving Carol and Katherine completely. Though River didn't fully understand why it was affecting her and stopping her from loving them as history won't be repeating itself. However, River guessed that it had to do with her self-worth, her worthiness to be loved by them and to love herself in a weird way. River knew who she was, her self-worth and that she wasn't all those things. Carol had healed most of those wounds with her love and her maternal love, now Katherine was healing her too with her love. If River was honest with herself, she couldn't truly understand why they loved her and what was so special about her. Under all that false bravado, River was an insecure child and needed reassurance she is worthwhile, worthy of love. Again, only time could fix that and them loving her, reassuring her that she is loved by them. River got out of the pool and headed back to the apartment, hoping Carol and Katherine were still asleep and she had time to put on a mask as she wasn't ready to talk about it yet. River's wishes were answered, and she headed into her bedroom to wash the chlorine off, getting ready for school.

Carol turned off the alarm that woke them up for school, reaching out for River to wake her and found her side of the bed empty. Carol jumped up and looked around for her, when she couldn't see River she got out of bed and went looking for River. Finding her in the shower, Carol undressed and joined her in the shower. River jumped when Carol's hands slid around her body, pulling her into Carol's body and River moaned as their bodies touched.

"Did you sleep well Little one?" Carol asked, kissing her shoulder.

"Yes, Mumma." River answered, turning around and grabbing a washer to wash Carol's body.

"Are you ok going to school today?" Carol asked, enjoying River washing her.

"Yes, I will probably go straight to the art room and paint." River answered, handing the washer to Carol for her to wash her private parts.

Carol took the washer and washed her pussy and ass; a little disappointed River didn't want to fuck before school. However, she was fine and understood, respecting River's boundaries. Katherine joined them in the shower, kissing both River and Carol and washing her body.

"I will start breakfast, is coffee and toast ok?" River told them, getting out of the shower.

"Are you ok Little one?" Carol asked, feeling she was being distant with them.