Chapter Twenty

Katherine woke first feeling completely content and her body ached from their sexual adventures, she smiled at the memory of their sex last night. She especially liked when River fucked her ass, Katherine understood why River was holding back with her and slowly easing her into bdsm and anal sex. Though part of Katherine suspected River was holding back because of Carol, not wanting to show her dark side to her and was waiting for them to be alone before being rough with her. Katherine could wait for that; she wondered if Carol would mind if she wanted alone time with River next weekend. Looking at the two sleeping women Katherine was filled with love and found the nursing River adorable, hoping it was a sign River was going to be in little space today. Katherine loved the sex, but River being in little space met her maternal needs and quietened her biological clock. However, they would have to talk about children as she hoped for a child one day, maybe after she finished her doctorate. River using condoms when fucking them was a clear sign River wasn't ready for children yet and to be honest, they had plenty of time for babies. Katherine reluctantly removed herself from the bed to use the bathroom and to have a shower. Katherine, remembered she needed to get their clothes and bring them to the apartment. For now, Katherine went into River's walk in robe and borrowed River's clothes, she would shower and get breakfast ready for them. She would go to the house and check on it, plus pack their things.

Once Katherine was showered and dressed, she went to the kitchen and turned on the coffee machine. Looking in the fridge Katherine decided to make them fruit salad for breakfast and thinking they would have pizza for lunch, which she would get on her way home. Katherine made herself a coffee and ate breakfast, quickly putting a load of washing on and went out the door to go to her place. Once Katherine got to her house she gathered the mail, going inside to collect Carol's multiple suitcases and putting them in the car. Then went into her room, pulling out a large blue suitcase and packed all her clothes. She also grabbed a couple of plastic storage containers to pack some books, grabbing all her electronics to take with her and some gardening tools and plants. Katherine would miss living in her own home and pottering around her garden, but it was the right thing to do to move into River's place and was much safer than her house. Katherine set the timer on her sprinkler system, hoping her garden wouldn't die and would come back to tend to the garden. Katherine would check out the balcony and would start a garden, so she could have something for her own at River's.

Once she was satisfied that the house was secure Katherine left the house to get the pizzas at Dominos and return to the apartment, she missed River and Carol. It had only been two hours, but it felt longer than that and she felt an emptiness at their absence. When Katherine got to Dominos, she ordered two supremes, a margherita and two meat lovers with garlic bread. She got Pepsi as the drink but would leave it in the car as Katherine didn't want River to drink it, and not wanting her hyped up on sugar. While waiting for the order to be done Katherine waited outside, having a smoke when a pitiful sound caught her attention, and she followed the sound. Katherine found a tiny grey kitten huddled at the skip crying, she went closer, and her heart ached at seeing the skinny kitten. She slowly got closer to the kitten as not to scare it and gently picked it up, bringing it into her chest. It didn't hiss and growl at her as it looked like it didn't have the energy to protest. Katherine took the kitten to her car, pouring water into a container and the kitten lapped at the water.

"Oh, my sweet baby, you must be starving." Katherine said, knowing it needed food.

Katherine locked the kitten in the car as it wasn't overly hot and rushed into the supermarket, grabbing kitten food and everything else needed for a kitten. She would have to take it to the vets to get it checked out, but that would have to wait until tomorrow. Returning to the car, she used a spoon to feed the hungry kitten and making sure it wasn't too much to make the kitten sick. Cleaning off the food off its little face, it would need a proper bath at River's and get the fleas off it. It was probably riddled with worms as well; Katherine was angry that someone would be cruel enough to abandon it. Katherine went to check if her order was ready, then she could take the kitten home to Carol and River and hoped they wanted a kitten. Getting the pizzas she put them on the backseat, getting into the car and driving back to River's. The little grey kitten stayed huddled on the front seat, falling asleep and Katherine hoped it felt better from the food and water.