BAU 2.0

Emily's P.O.V   

       Sitting at my desk I've been watching interns rearrange the bullpen all morning. I'm assuming a second full team is going to be added to the floor. As of now, there's the BAU and then another team that works internationally so they're rarely ever in-house. "Agent Prentiss can you gather the rest of the BAU I have an announcement to make." Pulling my attention from the landing near Hotch's office I immediately get up to get JJ, Dave, and Pen as Derek and Spencer are at their desks and heard her. I'm also sure since Strauss is right there she's going to tell Hotch herself.

       Jen ends up being with Garcia and we grab Rossi on our way to the conference room. "Director?" Once we're all there Aaron immediately wants to know what's going on.

       She flashes him a smile of smug self-satisfaction and I just know whatever is about to come out of her mouth next is really going to cause me a migraine. "I have heard your concerns, well complaints really, about your caseload so I have decided to create a whole new BAU." My jaw practically hits the table and I'm not the only one. Sputtering she waves her hand cutting him off. "Calm down you guys aren't being fired or replaced I'm simply making a second behavioral analysis team. They will be completely independent of your team and have their own supervising agent. While they are not your agents please feel free to utilize their abilities. They are all highly trained and specialized agents. SSA Lennox also has a lot of reach I suggest becoming her ally and not her enemy." I'm relieved to know I can still make rent, but I have no idea what to think about what she just said. "Agent Jareau as acting BAU liaison you will also be in charge of selecting their cases through the same process you do Agent Hotchner's team." Nodding in understanding at least we're not losing any of our members.

       Glancing out the window of the conference room she smiles excusing herself. We all share a look before carefully following her out. They've finished setting up the new desks. Four face each other and one at the head acting as the head of the group. There are no open offices currently so their supervising agent is going to be down with the rest of their team. Surround the desks are five individuals. There are three men and two women. "I wonder which one is Lennox, I'm banking it's the old guy." Rossi steps up shaking his head no at Morgan's comment.

       After some back and forth with the Director they all look up our way. "Come join us in the pen so I don't have to shout." I think Hotch is close to blowing a gasket. "These are the members of the second BAU team agents Michael Westen, Sam Axe, Fiona Glenanne, Jesse Porter, and SSA Rayne Lennox." Once again I'm having to pick up my jaw. Their supervising agent isn't one of the men at all but the youngest female standing there. "Agents these are SSA Aaron Hotchner and agents Emily Prentiss, Jennifer Jareau, David Rossi, Derek Morgan, Doctor Spencer Reid, and tech analyst Penelope Garcia." They play the professional card well and we have to match it to keep up appearances. "I'll let you all get acquainted yourselves as there's a local high-profile case that you all will be briefing on. We need as many eyes on this as possible." With that, she leaves and now we're on our own.

       There's a beat of awkward silence before their leader breaks it. "It is a pleasure to meet you all your reputation as one of the bureau's best teams precedes you. The Director introduced us but please call me Ray." She shakes Aaron's hand trying but he's not really.

       Excusing himself he stalks up to his office leaving us on our own. "I apologize from the whole team for this, it just all came as a shock to us. Strauss had not even hinted about bringing in more agents let alone expanding the BAU to a second team." Humming in understandment it doesn't seem like they're going to hold it against us. "It's nice to see you again Sam, I heard you were burned so it's a pleasant surprise." Moving up next to Ray the oldest member does the dude hug men do with Rossi.