Not Sister... Wife.

Emily's P.O.V. 

       Taking the short flight of steps two at a time I don't even stop to knock throwing open the office door. "We've got to talk." Watching him drop his file I shut the door behind me. Gesturing for me to sit I drop into the chair across from him. "There's someone I didn't tell you guys about and—" Before I get a chance to tell him there's a knock on his door.

       Standing up he cuts me off to answer the door. On the other side stands Director Sweeney and a woman with dark curly hair in dark blue dress pants and a black blouse. Over her shoulder was flung a matching suit jacket. "Agent Hotchner, I want you to meet your new section chief Director Prentiss." She steps in front of the director, and they shake hands.

       Stepping behind Hotch his brain catches up with the world. "I uh was not aware a replacement had already been found for Erin yet. It's nice to meet you ma'am. I'm assuming you may know Agent Prentiss." A small smile forms on her lips and she looks up at the Director.

       He pulls out his phone clearing his throat. "Well, I'm sure she can handle further introductions and such if you'll all excuse me." Shaking Hotch's hand one last time he exits the office.

       Taking a step to the side he looks between us. "Emily I was unaware you had a sister." Sharing a look, I sigh knowing that look.

       Raising her hand, she twirls the ring on her left ring finger. "Not sister... wife. It's nice to finally get to meet you." His jaw drops open and I'm worried he may just trip over it.

       Grinning from ear to ear she's loving this. "I uh- she never—" Giving up he looks to me for help. Staying out of it there is a moment of tense silence. "I'll gather the team for introductions." Beelining out his own door he leaves us standing in his office.

       As soon as it shuts, she bursts out laughing. Coming over to me she wraps her arms around my shoulders mine going automatically to her waist. "God I've missed my wife!" Kissing her I pull her flush against me. "Four years was too damn long. Never again." Keeping her close I lean my head against hers.

       She was stationed in the Middle East on a classified mission. "Mhm hopefully not because I missed my wife too so so much." Squeezing her I swing her back and forth a bit causing her to giggle.

       It's the best sound in the world to me and one I haven't heard in far too long. "We should probably go since I have a team to meet and all that." Pecking her lips one last time we separate.

       She fixes her clothes and together we walk out and down to the conference room where I figure he's gathered everyone. Pushing open the door all eyes are on us. Taking my normal seat, she stops at the head of the table. "Everyone I would like you to meet our new section chief Director Prentiss. Director these are agents David Rossi, Derrick Morgan, Jennifer Jareau, Doctor Spencer Reid, and our technical analysis Penelope Garcia." I don't even have to try to gauge everyone's reactions as all eyes are on me instantly.

       Refusing to look at them I look at her. In a room full of people, I'll always want to look at her. "It's a pleasure to meet all of you I've read through all of your files and am up to date with your most recent cases. I'll be overseeing the BAU as well as five other teams. Truthfully this is the team I'm least worried about which is why I waited to do introductions with you all last. There's also the elephant in the room I wanted to have time to address." God, can she command a room. "Yes, Agent Prentiss is my wife. We've been married since June of 89'. Before taking over as Director I was an intelligence agent. Together we made the mutual decision very early on in our careers we would keep our marriage a secret. It was what was best for both of our safeties. Now with both of us being here full time however obviously it's something that can't be hidden." I watch as she spins the ring on her finger a nervous tell.