Chapter 30

My alarm goes off after a restless night. A call from my ex was the last thing I was expecting at 3 in the morning. It took almost an hour before I was able to fall back asleep. The vague threats against mine and Gaege's life left me shaken up. I'm grateful he offered to drive this morning. When we get to the airport, I plan on picking up at least one rental car so that we can get everyone back here without everyone being cramped.

We climbed into the car in silence. Neither of us wanted to break the false atmosphere that we had made regarding last night. However, the bubble has to pop eventually.

"Hey, Gaege," I pause and wait for him to give me his attention, "If you don't feel safe here with me, you can leave. I completely understand. It would honestly shock me more if you stayed after a threat like that." I sit my hands down in my lap and fidget with my fingers. His silence to my statement is unnerving and has me shifting in my seat. I'd rather he just says flat out no than let me sit in the weight of my words. I sat for longer hoping he'd say something. I look up at him after sitting for a bit. He was already looking at me seemingly waiting for me to look at him.

His hands reach across the console, where he grabs my hands out of my lap. He brings my knuckles to his lips where he presses a small peck to each knuckle across both hands. I can't help but blush at the soft form of affection. He brings my hands down, still holding them gently. He rests our hands on the console between us.

"(Y/N), I am not leaving you. Especially not because of a threat from someone else. Even if I was scared for my life, it would weigh on my consciousness that I left you in danger from someone who clearly doesn't have your best interest at heart. Darling, I love you, and I'm not going to leave when you are not safe in your own home." He squeezed my hand as he stared into my eyes. I could feel the love and support flowing out of every pore of his body. I relaxed and leaned across the console to place a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you, baby." I smile at him. I leaned back to my side of the car and let Gaege crank the car. I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of us in the car. It was a sweet picture that I decided to set as my home screen. I turn on some music that we both agree on and lean back in my seat.

I have the directions pulled up on my phone, but I feel my stomach grumble at me. I look over at Gaege who was focused up driving,

"You hungry?" He nods and I plug in a McDonalds that is a bit up the road. It'll be nice to grab some pancakes, though I imagine it won't be nice for the ride. Thankfully the drive through isn't packed so the wait through the line isn't long. We both order and before I can get my card out to pay Gaege already has his out and handed to the cashier. I sigh a bit,

"It's fine, it'll be more in your favor since you are paying for the rentals. Don't get uspetti spaghetti cause I paid for our McDonald's breakfast." I sigh but don't put up anymore of a fight about it. We both eat our breakfasts fairly quickly so we can get back on the road.

It was a nice peaceful ride. Traffic seemed to even have relaxed. We got there in what felt like such a short amount of time. Gaege pulls over to the car rental area at the airport. I hop out and walk in the rental area while he finds a parking spot. Thanks to my planning ahead I'm able to get the car relatively easily. I grabbed the keys and pulled the van that I had picked out around. I find a spot in the lot somewhat near the gate that most of them will come out of. I pulled out of my phone and sent Gaege a message telling him to meet me near the gate Josh, Mully, Margo, and Clarie should be coming out soon. I'm slightly nervous to meet the two girls. I start getting into my head about whether or not they will even like me. This distraction doesn't end well.

"Hey there pretty thing. What are you doing here?" I froze up. It's him. He's here. How did he know I was coming here. Unless-

"Did you follow me here?" My voice is shaky. I try to subtly send Gaege a message for help. I hear him chuckle behind me. I want to run, I really do, but I can't make a single muscle in my body move. Everything around me seems to pause except for him and I.

"Justin, please leave me alone." I try to keep my breathing steady. I hear him take steps closer. He reaches out and grabs my arm. That's the straw that breaks the camel's back. I regain control of myself and jerk my arm out of his grasp.

"You need to leave me alone. We broke up, I am done with you. If you continue to harass me, I will call the police." I turn and start walking away. Speeding up as I see Gaege come out of the front entrance.

"(Y/N), will you be so ignorant to my love once this loser is gone?" He's referring to Gaege who is currently sprinting to me. I have a feeling that this is supposed to be a threat to his life. It clicks.

That's what he is doing. He's playing off my compassion for everyone around me. He's depending on my want to keep Gaege safe that I'll come back to him. If he threatens to hurt him and the rest of my friends, I'm bound to come back in order to keep them safe.

This is a predicament. I turn around to look at him only to find that he's gone. He left just as I turned back around Gaege is there. He looked me over for any form of damage, while asking if I was okay. I reassure him that I'm fine and that no one hurt me.

"It was Justin. He followed us here. I think he plans on hurting you and everyone else until I come back to him." He pulls me into his chest and whispers gentle reassurances in my hair.

"(Y/N), I'm not going to leave. It doesn't matter what he says or does. I have to keep you safe too." I feel tears well up in my eyes. This is not how I wanted my day to go. Why is he back now? Why is he appearing so often now as well?

I feel my phone vibrate in my hand. I hadn't realized I had been clutching it so hard. I look down at it.

Josh: we landed and are waiting at the gate

(Y/N): OTW

"Gaege, we gotta go pick up everyone. We'll talk about this later, okay?" I give a half-hearted smile, which he returns. We pull apart and make our way into the airport. We go over to the meet the Australians first, figuring that they are the most tired. I push down the thoughts of being stalked and feeling like I'm constantly being watched. I just want to have a good time with my friends, I can't let an ex-boyfriend ruin that for me.

Maybe I should call the police. See if they can find something on him and where he lives. I just hope that something can be done to end this nightmare that doesn't involve anyone getting hurt.

Okay, so I know I just got back into the swing of things. Don't panic I'm not dropping everything, however, finals are this coming week. So in order for me to focus up so that I can do my absolute best on them I will not be posting any chapters next week. Our regularly scheduled content will be coming out the week after though. So be on the lookout for May 6th for your new chapter.

Also, thank you guys so so much for the support. It's honestly so exciting to see that people like my little story. I never thought it'd be doing so well, but here we are the #3 book in the jucifyfruitsnacks category on Wattpad. It's all thanks to all of you. So again, thank you all for everything <3

See you all May 6th!