Chapter 29

*bzzt* *bzzt*

I pick up my phone. A notification across the top of my phone.

"They found your message; her new thing went and threw it out. Apparently, they're going to pick some people up tomorrow. It'll be a perfect time to strike." I read the message and rolled my eyes. Her 'new thing' isn't actually a thing. I don't know when or how she got that in her head that she could just move on, but she always struggled to understand things unless they were beaten into her. I pick up my phone,

"We'll set up tomorrow while she's gone, but we don't have exact times, so you all need to make it quick." I get out of the messages and click on the photos app. I see her picture starred at the top. It was earlier on in our relationship, and I remember it like it was yesterday.

*Flashback*

"Babe, hold still." I smile at her. Her hair had blown everywhere due to the wind. The waves in the background brought out her beauty. She always looked so good at the beach. I reach over to the plant where a picked flower sat. The petals were long and faded from pink to white. I plucked the flower and reached forward to her face. I gently cradle her face.

I place the flower behind her ear and make sure it's tucked and not going anywhere. I pull out my camera and take steps back in order to get a good view of her face with the flower. I take pictures of her face and then zoom out to get some of her in her bikini. I loved this swimsuit on her, mostly because she let me pick it out. It showed off all of her curves perfectly and made her skin tone pop.

The smile hadn't left her face, since we had gotten here. It's honestly so nice to see her happy, especially after how upset she had been recently.

"(Y/N), you look so beautiful right now. Nothing on this Earth could ever compare to you. It feels like I've been blessed with the presence of Aphrodite herself." Her face lit up red. She looked down and tucked a strand of hair behind the ear without the flower. It's then that it happens. The sun has just started setting and the golden glow graces her body. It's beautifully ethereal.

I quickly snapped pictures of her. Each one took my breath away. I finally stopped with the picture of her with her head tilted. She had a goofy smile on her face that had so much love in it. Her eyes were full of peace. The picture screamed relaxation and perfectly displayed her beauty, both inside and out.

"Justin, I love you." She says after I set my camera down from my eye. I started laughing and run towards her. Leaving the camera behind to pick her up and spin her around. I place kisses all over her face and start walking us both to the water. I jump in with her as she squeals. This will forever be my favorite memory.

*End of Flashback*

I stared at the picture for a little longer, before going through the rest of the album. Pictures from earlier on were so much better. When I reach the more recent pictures I see the bags under her eyes. The makeup attempted to cover up the bruises left on her body. Her eyes look so dead. It's okay though, I have the perfect way to bring that light back into her eyes. She just can't have anyone else with her when I do.

I look up from my phone. Her house is right across the street from my parked SUV. I could easily go over and take care of the vermin that's in my spot on the bed. It's okay though, all it will take is time. She'll come back to me. She'll come back because she has to. I don't care whose life has to be on the line to get back what is rightfully mine. I open my phone and type in *67 and her number. An anonymous call to her might get her to rethink her choice to ignore my warning.

It rings four times before she picks it up.

"Hello? Who is this?" I laughed into the phone. I hear her breath stutter on the other side of the call. I can almost hear the fear pick up in her voice.

"Justin, what do you want? Why can't you just leave me alone?" Her voice is trembling.

"Darlin', I've already told you that you will be mine. I don't care what I have to do to get you, I will. Keep that in mind for your silly little boyfriend." She starts to speak again before the phone is pulled from her. It must be this boyfriend of hers.

"I suggest you leave my girlfriend alone, and to keep my name out of your fuckin' mouth. I don't know what sick joy you get out of torturing her, but it's sadistic and doesn't make her like you like you are hoping it will." His voice isn't as low as mine. It's honestly weird. She always said she loved my accent. I'm surprised she went after someone with a voice like his.

"Watch your back, 'cause I'm not afraid to hurt you or anyone else that I need to." I heard the guy start to give a response, but I hung up. It doesn't matter what he has to say anyway. If he doesn't leave like I've asked, he'll be on some of his last words. I lean back in my chair and smile as I watch the lamp from her window come on.

He's probably helping her calm down right now. I always did that for her when social media got to be too much.

"It's okay darling. I'll be there to take care of you soon." I leaned back in my seat and looked out the window until eventually the lights went out. I decided that I should get some sleep. I've got a long day of traveling tomorrow.

So how's everyone feeling about Justin? I figured the story needed a bit of an antagonist. I'm trying to make him dislikable, but not cringey if that makes sense. If anyone has any ideas for how I can improve our villain, please let me know in the comments. I love reading each and every one <3