Chapter 6

With the video finished, we all seemed to relax and go into more of a normalcy. We were all sitting around shooting the shit. Laughs filled the air, and things were going great. Eventually, drinks were pulled out and alcohol began being passed around. I looked around the room as everyone else had been drinking. I had been handed a glass of something that I had yet to even take a sip of. 'I can't drink, I have to get back to my hotel.' I thought glumly to myself. Gaege seemed to notice my inner turmoil and came and sat next to me on the couch.

"What's got you sitting here all quiet and stuff?" he talked to me in a low volume trying not to draw attention to you and him.

"I can't drink this; I still have to walk back to my hotel." He nodded at me.

"That makes sense, sorry you can't, I don't know, join in on the fun? If you want, I'll quit drinking, so you can at least have someone that you can walk with back?" It was such a sweet gesture, that I'm sure most people wouldn't have extended. However, I would feel bad if he couldn't have fun with his friends.

"I can't ask you to do that Gaege. I'll be fine, have fun with everyone." I smiled at him expecting him to just nod along and get back to drinking.

"It's fine (Y/N), I would feel guilty if I knew you had to walk back alone and the only people that knew you here were drunk off their asses. I'll still have fun with everyone." The sentiment behind it made you feel small fluttering happening in your stomach.

"Well, if you walk me back, then I'll feel guilty for making you walk back alone, so how will we solve this conundrum?" He chuckled. He seemed to think for a second or two before he started reaching into his back pocket and pulled out his phone.

"How about, I walk you home and we facetime on my way back?" His suggestion made sense and would probably be the only thing that would make sense, other than me staying here or him staying there. Those last two would be weird. I mean, I'd say that as a group we were all friends, but I still have only just met all of them today. I looked at him as he pulled up his contacts and created a new one for me. He sets my name as 'PrettyEyes'. I looked up at him and raised a questioning eyebrow. He looked back at me and made a smirky face. I rolled my eyes and felt my spirits rise a bit. Soon enough, I was engaged in the conversation.

It didn't take too long before it was getting dark. I began to say my goodbyes to everyone promising to see them all tomorrow. They drunkenly told me their goodbyes as Gaege joined me by the front door. I stepped outside and pulled up the GPS directions to my hotel. As him and I walked we had a more personal conversation.

"So," he begins, "What's your current relationship status?" I turn my head and look at him and smirk.

"Why? You interested?" He grinned down at me,

"What if I am?" at that I blushed. I roll my eyes,

"Whatever you say Gaege, and I'm currently single. My ex broke up with me like 5 or 6 months ago. He nodded solemnly.

"My ex broke up with me like 4 months ago, so I guess we are both in the same grieving process." He chuckles. We continue talking for the entire walk there. Once we reach the building though I turn around before walking in. I slowly walk up to him and hug him.

"Thank you, Gaege. I really appreciate this, I'm really glad that we got to talk. I can't wait to see you tomorrow." I say into his chest.

"Only me?" he questions. I quickly realize my mistake and correct it.

"I can't wait to see you all tomorrow, I'm happy that you all like me. It means the world to me, and I can't wait to record more with you all." I still have my arms around him and have leaned against him. I slowly feel his arms wrap around me and lean against me. After standing there far longer than we both should have I pull back. As we separate, he looks down at me with the softest smile I've ever seen.

"Hey, don't worry about me." He started to pull out his phone and opened his contacts to call me. I feel my phone start to ring. It was his number, I answered the face time and watched as he looked down at his phone. I picked up my phone waved a final goodbye to him as he began to turn and walk away. I make my way into my building and take the stairs instead of the elevator to my room. The whole time, I'm making sure that he is okay. I keep a keen eye on his surroundings for him and pay attention to street signs and any other landmarks.

We both eventually make it back to our respective rooms. Even still, we stay on the phone. Late into the night. Soon though, we both grow tired.

"Goodnight, Gaege, thanks for being chill."

"Goodnight, (Y/N), thanks for being you." As soon as the phone hangs up, I roll around in my bed a squeal. I make myself fall asleep so that the morning comes sooner. I can't wait to see him- I mean them again.