Chapter 20

I have to say that taking that nap was a godsend. My head feels better, in fact my whole body feels better. I didn't think about it at the hospital, but I missed my flight back home. Which means that now, I'm getting someone to book a flight for me, so that I can get home.

"Are you sure you want to go home right now? I mean what if something happens?" I look at Gaege as I pick my stuff up to go in my bag.

"Gaege, sweetie, for the 100th time. Yes, I want to go home, and nothing is going to happen. And if it does, you'll be the first person I'll call, okay?" That didn't seem to ease his nerves. Ever since I had asked Eddie to book my flight back home (because Gaege wouldn't) he's been asking if I'm sure and stuff. It was honestly starting to stress me out and get on my last nerve that hadn't been concussed. I turn to Gaege when he opens his mouth to start another round of questioning.

"Baby, listen to me, and please listen closely. If you ask me one more time if I'm sure I want to go home, I think my head will literally explode. I am going home and that's final. I have stuff I have to do that can't wait until I get better. I'm sorry, I really am, but I have to. Don't you think I'd rather stay here with all of you?" As I finished my sentence, I turned back to my suitcase which had been fully packed. I leaned over to pick it up only to see Gaege come over and help. He looks worried still, but it's less obvious. He dragged my suitcase behind him as he walked to the front door. Eddie was standing there with his keys ready to take me to the airport.

"Hey, I'm sorry that I was being pushy. I'm just really worried about you. It also doesn't help that I feel guilty about how you ended up. Please call and text me when you can and be safe. I... I adore you (Y/N), with my entire heart." With that my heart melted into an entire puddle in my chest. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him as best as I could.

"I adore you too, baby. So so much. I can't wait to see you again. I can't wait to see all of you again. I'll be sure to call and text you as soon as I get home. Be safe, okay?" I looked up at him to see a small smile. He nods down at me; I give everyone else a hug and wave goodbye. I hop to the truck. The ride there was quiet. The only sound heard was the sound of traffic.

I could see we were approaching the airport, and I could feel a growing pit in my stomach. When we finally reached the parking lot, Eddie helped me with my suitcase. I got to the entrance and saw security. I turned around and looked at Eddie. I felt tears well in my eyes. I didn't really want to leave. I wanted to stay here with everyone, but this is how it has to be. I gave Eddie a hug and stood there for what felt like forever. I heard him sniffling above me as well.

When I pulled away from him, I gave him one last sad look before I hopped to the line. I was pushed to the front due to my crutches. I even got the handicapped chair on the plane. It felt like I was leaving my family, and my heart broke more and more the further I got from Texas.

I finally landed in Georgia. I called for an Uber to take me home. As the car approached, I pulled out my phone.

*Calling Gaege*

I look down as my camera pulls up. I see him not too long after the call starts. We talked all the way home. It made me feel so much better about not being there. I gave him a small tour of my house as best as I could with a broke ankle. I set my phone to the side, and I slowly unpacked my suitcase.

I could feel myself getting a headache soon after. Staring at my phone like I have probably hasn't helped any. So, I turn off my camera and just leave him on speaker. I lay down in my bed, which didn't feel as comfortable as I remembered it being. I mean it feels fine, but something felt like it was missing. Gaege and I talk for a while longer, before I start to feel myself drift into sleep.

"Hey Gaege, I miss you..." I was loopy and speaking purely out of my head. I hear him chuckle through the phone.

"I miss you too, (Y/N)." Hearing him say that made me giggle. I look up at my ceiling and fight the sleep that was beginning to overwhelm me.

"I love you, Gaege." I say it. For the first time and even through the delirium of tiredness. I mean it with all of my heart. I smile as it finally comes off of my chest.

"I love you too, (Y/N). With all of my heart and more." It was so sweet. I felt myself drift off with a large dopey smile on my face.

So, one of our lovely readers @BloodyPentagram pointed out something that I did not notice. This whole time chapters 19 and 20 have been the same. I am so sorry if anyone was confused as to why I repeated chapters.

Let's all thank Pentagram in the comments for catching me on a mistake that I never would have noticed otherwise <3