Part. 10 Ruv's Backstory

(The main story will pause for now so we can give them some time to bond. Have these backstory chapters!)

Everyone is speaking Russian here (of course) but I'll write it all in English with SOME Russian thrown throughout.

⚠️ VIOLENCE, ABUSE, DEPRESSION AND GORE WARNING. ⚠️

RUVYZVAT!!!!! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE AND HELP YOUR BROTHERS!

A small shy child Ruv slowly approached his massive family. Sure, they all looked like him...but they were 10ft taller than him. Ruv came across as the underdeveloped runt.

They stared down at him angrily. He gave them a small innocent smile.

Ruv - Hello, father-

Dad - ЗАКРОЙ СВОЙ РОТ.

Ruv looked down.

Dad - What you did today has disappointed us greatly. I am ashamed of you. Your never able to go through ONE SIMPLE TASK WITHOUT SCREWING IT UP.

One of Ruv's brothers snickered sending the dad to snap at him. Ruv took that chance to run off into the woods where he felt safe. He heard his dad screaming in the background.

Dad - RUVYZVAT....WHERE DID YOU GO...I WASN'T FINISHED WITH YOU YET YOU ОТВОРИТЕЛЬНАЯ МЕСТЬ ДЛЯ СЫНА!

Ruv felt tears stream down his face as he tore through the thick cold Russian wilderness. Ruv's family were basically the Russian Mafia. They hated Ruv because he was too nice and could never go through with their violent missions. He was seen as too weak and pathetic. So they verbally and emotionally abused him to get their anger out. Occasionally kicking him to the ground. Ruv was always kind and polite to them...and this is how he was treated. Never feeling any affection or respect.

Only one person cared for him. His cousin, Yuri.

Ruv collapsed against a big tree and buried his face in his hands. He just wanted to run away...or do...
SOMETHING! But he was too young and powerless to change his situation at that time.

Ruv flinched as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Yuri - It's just me, cousin!

Looking up, he smiled at the site of his friendly green cousin. (Yuri kind of looks like Ruv, but he's green, older with freckles, a skinnier body.)

Yuri sat down next to the little Ruv and sighed.

Yuri - Got in trouble again?

Ruv - *Sniff* Y...yeah....I I just can't do what they want me to do....I can't hurt people.....I don't WANT to hurt anyone....

Yuri - I know. I wish you'd be able to live with me and my folks. But....your family is a problem.... they'd find out and probably kill ALL of us. Besides. I don't even tell my family I come to meet you specifically so I can keep us all safe. We're all in a really bad state around here. I wish you didn't have to live it first hand....

Ruv - I know.

They were silent and sad for a second before Yuri grinned.

Yuri - Heeeyyy......I almost forgot! I have something for you!!!!

Ruv's face lit up as he stared over at his cousin with wonder.

Ruv - Where'd you get that hat!?

Ruv pointed at the fluffy ushanka on the top of his head. It was green to match Yuri's colour and had a squiggly symbol swen into the front.

Yuri - Oh! You'll see!!!

Yuri reached behind him and pulled out a similar fluffy purple ushanka with a crescent symbol sewn in the front of it.