Part. 9 Sick As A Russian

Whitty managed to find a small house in the middle of the woods. Inside the dusty living room, he laid Ruv down on the vintage couch. Whitty gently lifted up Ruv's ushanka and hair and felt his forehead. It was burning hot. Too bad Whitty didn't know it wasn't because he was sick....

Whitty - Oh my God.... DON'T MOVE, RUV. YOUR BURNING UP. Gosh, you must REALLY have a bad fever....no wonder you haven't said a word this whole time!

Ruv continued to lay there as a blushing mess.

Whitty came back with a damp washcloth.

Whitty - I don't mean to make you uncomfortable but...may I?

Ruv was gently sat up. His coat and ushanka were carefully removed and folded off to the side. The washcloth was wrapped around his neck and he was slowly laid back down. Ruv continued to be a blushing mess and became jello in Whitty's hands. He didn't care WHAT he did.

Whitty - I need you to rest. Anything you want...and I mean ANYTHING you want... I'll do it.

Ruv didn't move a muscle as he laid there. He couldn't. He felt the connection deep in his brain. Whitty sat on the floor next to the couch facing away from him.

Whitty - I may be coming across as a bit insane right now. I understand. But I take sickness very seriously. Whenever I was sick, I immediately did to myself what I'm doing to you now. Oh the street, you don't EVER just "deal with it". You find a cure as fast as you can. Not just because it's not safe, but because you could get worse. And if you get worse and you can't go to the hospital....your basically dead. I personally don't know if I even CAN die....but it's not the time to take that chance.

Whitty laid down next to the couch on the floor and closed his eyes.

Whitty - I think we should sleep the rest of the day. It'd do us both good.
Well, alright. Night- er...day...or whatever.

Whitty fell asleep almost instantaneously. But Ruv couldn't. He looked over the side of the couch down at him. Ruv sighed. Whitty didn't have to do this. He didn't have to be so nice. Hell, Ruv probably wouldn't have connected with him in the first place if Whitty was an ass. But he wasn't. Whitty is a kind, gentle natured sweetheart with a passion for safety and well-being.

Whitty had to know soon of Ruv's tether with his soul. Ruv may be stubborn, but he always seems to tell the truth no matter how much it hurts. Ruv wanted to wake him up and tell Whitty he really wasn't sick. He wanted to tell him his true feelings....but he just couldn't.

Ruv reached down and gently took Whitty's large left hand into his. God, his hand was so damn warm. Ruv laid back again and this time, he was able to sleep. Right as Whitty tightened the grip.

It was about 6:00AM. Whitty stretched and sat up a bit when he realized someone was holding his hand. Looking over, he saw Ruv's arm draped over the couch. He looked down and saw his hand gently but firmly holding his. Whitty was extremely confused, but also a bit flustered. He didn't know what to do, say or think at that moment. He honestly thought Ruv hated him. Maybe this was a mistake?.....
He didn't know. All he knew was that he sort of liked it. Ruv's hand was very soft. It was significantly smaller than his. Whitty smiled a bit. He knew Ruv would eventually take a liking to him.

But then Ruv awoke. Groggily, he looked over the side of the couch. Shocked, he went wide eyed as he locked eyes with Whitty who was just smiling at him. Ruv felt his heart leap out of his chest again as he fell back and pulled his ushanka over his face. Their hands still clasped together.

Whitty - Haha! It's ok, Ruv! I understand how much you need me right now. I only wish you could tell me what your actually feeling.

Ruv just couldn't tell him. So he began faking a cough. Whitty stood up and felt his forehead again. OH God, he really felt warm which wasn't normal for the little Oreo man.