Part 3 HOLY MOTHER OF BISCUITS

Ruv yawned as the morning dew dripped off of a leaf of the big oak tree above him and landed upon his face. Sitting up, he took his Ushanka off and ruffled his scraggly hair as he looked around at the quiet dawn in the woods. Some remanence of the fog still hung around the trees as a silent ghostly aura.

Ruv put his Ushanka back on and looked over at Whitty who was on his back still fast asleep. Staring at him, he became curious of why Whitty looked the way he did. Reaching out, he gently touched the side of his face. Pure metal. Running his hand across the wick, he gasped. It was the softest thing he's ever felt. What a bizarre creature.......

Whitty awoke. Ruv pulled back quickly, but it was too late. Whitty had felt him. They just sort of stared at each other for a while until Whitty spoke up.

Whitty - I'm weird looking, eh?

Ruv gulped and sheepishly nodded.

Whitty - Well, I'll tell you my story sooner or later. For now, I have a plan.

Ruv - A plan?....

Whitty - I had a dream last night that really got me thinking. It was of this HUGE CITY! FULL OF POTATOES AND RAW STEAKS!!!!!!

Ruv - Huh?

Whitty - It....then turned into a nightmare because a rat spider tried to steal the bean supply.......You know how dreams make no sense.

Ruv - Where are you going with this?

Whitty - Maybe it's a SIGN!

Ruv - WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!? A SIGN FOR WHAT!?!?

Whitty - If we keep going that way-

Whitty pointed to the East.

Whitty - The dream said to go East.... -maybe.....that means we'll find EXACTLY what we're looking for! Where we can do anything we want! Exactly what I was talking about yesterday!

Ruv - Huh. Yeah, but where does the rat-spider come in?

Whitty - .....maybe.....MAYBE THAT MEANS THERE WILL BE DANGERS AROUND! The way to get to paradise is always filled with monsters.

Ruv - You watch too much TV.

Whitty stood up.

Whitty - Come on! Let's go!

Ruv - Your serious about this?....

Whitty - Well, DUH! I wouldn't have mentioned it if I didn't mean it! We can't go back home and we can't go back to the city....so WHAT THE HECK! Can't hurt to just go see!

Ruv grumbled something under his breath as he stood up and followed Whitty.
What the hell is going to happen to them on this...... journey.....

Ruv's pov -

Whitty made me sick and made me feel nice at the same exact time...... He was a hard person to read as his personality and demeanour seemed to change at any given moment.
I was following a lunatic.
They'd probably find me in a ditch somewhere, or drowned in a lake....maybe even hanging from a tree. All I knew was that I still had to hold my guard around him. Why was he so scary? Just....JUST THINK OF A DAMN LITERAL BOMB HEADED GUY AND TELL ME HOW CALM YOU'D BE AROUND HIM.
At least I knew I'd easily escape from him if I really had to.

I shake off my thoughts as he looks behind himself at me.

Whitty - Hey, man...you know I'm thankful that you don't want to run away from me anymore. I really needed a companion.

I keep a straight face, but I panic inside.....
Can he read my thoughts!?!?
IS HE PSYCHIC!?!?!?
You know what.....DO SOMETHING WEIRD. I DARE YOU. ANYTHING.

It took a couple seconds, but he soon reached behind himself and scratched his ass. I gasp.

Whitty - Sorry.....

My voice cracks.

Ruv - It's alright.....

._.

Whitty's pov -

Man, this guy's a nut. Who gets offended by someone scratching their own ass? Gosh, I really like him, but he's such a flake.
I know he'll probably run away eventually.....leaving me alone like everyone else.....though.....I want to prevent that as much as I can......
Maybe if I keep him around as much as possible.....and we get to wherever I'm taking us......maybe....just maybe- he'll believe me. Maybe even want to stay with me.....forever~
I quietly giggle at the thought.

Ruv's pov -

Did....DID I JUST HEAR HIM LAUGH!?!? HE'S PLANNING SOMETHING MALICIOUS..........
I JUST KNOW IT!!!!!!

Whitty - Sooo....ah- What do you like to do? Like, hobby wise.

What is this? A DATE!?!? WHY IS HE SO CASUAL!?!? I hesitate a few seconds before answering.

Ruv - Um....I like to...uh.....throw.........rocks.

Whitty - That sounds interesting.

DARN IT. HE'S NOT EVEN JUDGING ME.

Whitty - You ever skipped stones across a lake?

Ruv - Erm....yeah.....all the time.

Whitty - Cool! Maybe you could teach me how to do it then sometime.

Ruv - Mhm....maybe....

Whitty then went on to tell me ALL about the hobbies he used to do when he lived with his friends. Along with the ones he did to keep himself entertained on the streets. He just....kept on and on.....he just rambled for HOURS. I kept my attention to him even though it was quickly waning.

More hours pass..... he's still going....

I notice we made progress as the trees looked different and there were more clearing patches than before. But we were still lost in the woods. Maybe or maybe not going to a place that may or may not exist.

He suddenly stops talking and freezes in his tracks. I bump into him. He continues to stare forward unblinking.

Ruv - What- *MMMPH*

He slams his hand over my face. Silencing me. He looks as if he's listening intently to something out in the distance. He removes his hand and I listen as well.......
I don't hear a DAMN thing.

Without warning, he grabs the back of my coat and BOLTS. Dragging me helplessly behind him into the thick grove brush. After a minute, he stops and lets me go. I fall to the ground with a heavy thud.

Ruv - WHAT THE HELL, MAN!

I complain as I turn around to face him when......there was a large house......a big kind of scary looking....large old vintage farmhouse. He starts to walk towards it. I grab the back of his hoodie and attempt to stop him.
Ain't no WAY we getting shot by a protective owner. NOT TODAY.

I loudly hiss at him through my teeth.

Ruv - WHITTY! THAT'S SOMEONE'S PRIVATE PROPERTY! YOU CAN'T JUST BUST IN THERE!

Whitty - No...no.... it's abandoned...... I know it.

Ruv - HOW!?!?

Whitty - I don't know. I just....feel it. It feels almost like it's calling me.

I knew it. This is where I get locked in a basement.
What if this is all a ploy?
What if this is really his house? What if this whole ass endeavor was just to lead me here the entire time?

But for some reason.....I decided to keep going along with him towards the house....

Towards my unfortunate doom.

{Huh. I wonder what will occur in the next chapter...... Are these two going to end up killing each other or is their friendship intimate?
That's for the future to decide.....}

April/5/2023