Chapter 118 : After Pregnancy Moods

Start from the beginning

"I will never ask for forgiveness. I don't regret what I did at all," Devika spats.

This time Draupadi turns around.

"Forgiveness you say? Such a strong word doesn't suit you, Devika. Besides I desire the blood of 100 Kuru princes for what they did to me. You are no less guilty,"

Devika flinchs at her cold tone.

"I might not warrant a death penalty for you but know what, you foolish woman? God forgives but never forgets. You will get your due as well," Draupadi says.

Devika looks at her mouth open. She cursed her? How could she? 

"I am Yudhisthira's wife. How can you blamelessly curse me? What I did happens to every family in Aryavarta. This conflict of co wives. They don't go around cursing each other. You are going too far," Devika appears angry but she is shaken from inside.

"Not in my family, Devika. In my family, these conflicts can't happen. I don't allow them. And whatever ideal family's picture you have in your mind, keep it there. Because as long as I am alive, I am the only mistress of my family. After my death, my daughter in laws will take my place. Never you will stand where I stand. Never will you be able to get the rights and authority I have. Never will you have the crown of Samragni. You deserve none of these,"

Devika grabs her hand harshly, "What are you still so arrogant about? You lost everything."

Draupadi couldn't help but smirk, "What exactly did I lose, Devika? Enlighten me."

Devika takes a step back intimidated by her.

"Let me count, I didn't lose my husbands, my children. Though losing Indraprastha is temporary. I got Devapath in the time being. And honor? Honor cannot be taken forcefully by anyone, Devika. Honor is lost only when you abandon it,"

Malini comes from behind and shakes Devika's grip from Draupadi. She glares at her, "Samragni, if you are so lenient with the wrong people. You might give people the wrong idea of nepotism because these people aren't your blood."

Devika screams, "You a mere maid dare to touch me?"

"I am a maid of Samragni. But who are you? What's your identity other than being a snake? Know this, even snake's skin leaves it's own body. You will be responsible for your own downfall," Malini glares.

Devika's face was red with anger when she finally noticed the man behind Draupadi.

"Arya...you came..." Devika's face brightens seeing him.

"Panchali, I told you to rest. Your feet are still swollen. These greetings can be done by our sons," Yudhisthira immediately kneels to take a look at her feet.

Devika's mouth fell open. Yudhisthira has kneeled to the ground inspecting Draupadi's feet placing them on his thigh. Draupadi's attention was completely shifted to her eldest husband and Yudhisthira's on her. But Malini took that opportunity. She walks closer to Devika with a smirk on her face. Grabbing her wrist, Malini drags her away from Yudhisthira and Draupadi.

"Please refrain from looking at lovers like this. People might think you are jealous," Malini whispers.

"See, they are swollen again. Panchali, you want me to scold you badly?" Yudhisthira says a bit stern.

"Yudhisthira, I have to be present for my guests. A few days more then I will not go running around this way," Draupadi consoles him.

Devika felt a pang in her chest. The Samrat and Samragni of Aryavarta. Both suits each other so well. Anyone will keep looking at them speechless. Only Draupadi dares address Yudhisthira by his name. Devika tried it once. But seeing Yudhisthira's stern look and annoyed face that day, she never dared call him by his name.