Chapter 24, overhearings

Harry's perspective
Taylor is having guests, Maya and Emma are here. They're all sitting on the patio drinking red wine. She told them about our engagement. I'm glad she's socialising. She needs this.

I head up to the office so I can continue on the song about the abortion. It's pretty hard to write about, and I don't want Taylor to hear, so I only work on it when I'm positive she won't hear.

I don't have a name for the song yet, but it's a really good song. An extremely personal one, but an amazing one too.

Im playing it on the guitar when I hear her steps outside the door

Shit. Shit. Shit.
She must have heard.
The door opens and by the look on her face I can tell she heard.
"Do you want a glass of wine?" She asks.

"I.. Taylor.."

"Harry, don't. Do you want a glass?"

I'm surprised by her reply.
"No, thanks" I tell her.
She just smiles slightly before heading back downstairs.

I feel really bad. I feel like I forced her to get the abortion. Not by force, but by telling her what I wanted.

I continue working on some songs, as she told me to not bother.

Taylor's perspective
He knew I didn't want the abortion, he knew all along. It was my choice, I could have had my baby back for gods sake.

I feel fury building up in me, but I won't ruin what we have right now. We're getting married. Everything is good. I think.

I walk back out to the patio. Emma and Maya are getting along, that pleases me.

I sit down by them, trying to put on a smile.

"Taylor I actually can't believe you're getting married! I'm so happy for you" Emma says. I haven't known Emma for too long, but god how I love her. She's such a ray of sunshine.

Her comment makes me smile. "Not me either to be honest. I can't wait"

"However, you guys won't be able to come to the wedding..."

Maya and Emma looks at me with shock and confusion. "What why?" Maya asks.

"We've decided to have a private ceremony and celebration. It's what's best based on the press and stuff." I explain.

"But is that what you want Taylor?"

The question makes me flinch. But is it what you want. I'll just have to play along, I don't want them to turn on Harry.

I nod in "excitement".
"It is, trust me. It's so much more romantic too.
We might get married on some island, and it won't feel as special if it's stocked with people."

I see that Maya hasn't bought it, but she will just need to.

We sit on the patio talking wedding dresses and rings until the sun goes down.

The cold salt air is blowing in our hair, the sky painted orange.

My body is filled with excitement to marry the love of my life. My lover.

Writers note:
Sorry for the short chapters! I'm having a bit of a writers block, but will try to write more next week.