Chapter 16, nights like these

Harry's perspective

We finish our coffee and continue our walk, Ignoring any attention we may have stirred. I feel really proud of how Taylor is handling the media, they attack her every day but I've never heard her complain not even once.

Sylvia wakes up from her nap and starts to cry, I pick her up and try to settle her while Taylor rubs my back and looks at me in awe. I'm pretty good with children, my stylist and friend in one direction; Lou has a daughter that I've spent a lot of time with growing up.

The wind is getting colder, it's august and the leaves are turning to every hue of red. As we continue our walk, paparazzi's appear every now and then. we eventually sit down at a bench in a park to take a break.

"Harry, can I ask you something?" Taylor asks me awkwardly

"Harry, can I ask you something?" Taylor asks me awkwardly. I nod, "yeah of course." She goes quiet for a second. "What's your thoughts about starting a family?" She asks me, looking at her feet on the ground. 

I hesitate. "I mean... I definitely want children at one point. I'm just not sure if the times right, with work and all. I hope you understand that." I answer, reaching for her hand. She accepts it, and our fingers interlock.

"Yeah of course, don't worry. I was just wondering, like with you going into your thirties, I thought you were already there." She assures me with a smile.
I reach over to her and kiss her on the cheek. "Thank you for understanding." I finish.

Taylor's perspective

I'm not sure if I'm more relaxed or not by Harry's response. I'm glad, definitely. But there's a part of me that would really like to have a baby while I'm still this young.

When we return home, I feed Sylvia before putting her to bed in the spare bedroom. Harry calls me from the patio, telling me to bring a blanket. I join him on our outdoor sofa.

He's playing the guitar, with a smoke in his mouth

He's playing the guitar, with a smoke in his mouth. The wind blowing his beautiful brown curls. He looks so out of this world. He nods his head to make me walk his direction and I sit down beside him. He takes me by surprise when putting the guitar in my lap.

"Thought I'd teach you some cord if you'd like" he asks me. I lift the guitar and pull the blanket I brought over our feet. "I'd love that Harry" I answer with a soft smile. We sit like this to the night comes over us, Me with the guitar in my hands, and him with his arms around me, trying to steer mine.

Nights like these really make me realise that I did the right thing when taking him back. Lord knows where I would have been if I didn't.

It's getting colder so we light the fire pit.

"What do you want to do next Saturday? the band practice got cancelled" He asks me after we put down the guitar. I think about it, it's over a week until, but i don't really have any plans."I'm not sure, maybe we should hold a dinner party our something? We could invite our friends, maybe Maya and Mark?" I suggest, wrapping the blanket around our shoulders. "That sounds lovely".

We sit there watching the last shades of pink on the sky, telling stories over the sound of sparks from the fire.

"Can I ask you something?" Harry asks me suddenly.  I nod in reply. He's holding his arms around me under the blanket, trying to keep me warm. "How do you feel about the press and media? Like be honest with me." He continues, his voice filled with thoughtfulness and care.

I think about it for a second. I have tried not talking about it to him, because I don't want him to feel bad for me in some sort of way. But it's honestly been a living hell. Everything is perfect when I'm with him, but when I hear the cameras click, I feel my stomach drop each time. I know they will write something about what an attention seeking whore I am, or how I'm using Harry for his fame and money. They don't really hold back with their headlines.

"I mean, they're pretty rude. But I try to ignore it to be honest, it won't help fighting against." It's the brutal truth. We sit there in complete silence for a while. "It's not fair. It's only because of me, I'm sorry Taylor" Harry says, his voice nearly breaking as he does.

I turn to look at him and put my eyes around his face. "H, this is not your "fault" in any way. It's my choice to be with you, because I love you. I love you and everything that comes with you. No matter how good or bad it may be." I assure him. He hugs tightly around me in reply.

"Please don't ever leave me Taylor, I love you too much"

Writers note:please leave thoughts! I have a few chapters drafted, but should I keep going??