42. ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜꜱ ᴏꜰ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

A/N: A look into the third season! More answers will be revealed, and I think you guys are gonna be slightly shocked

A/N: A look into the third season! More answers will be revealed, and I think you guys are gonna be slightly shocked... Or super shocked... But I hope this gets you re-reading the book to see it all match up and make sense now. 

I'll see if I can continue the weekly updates, but I'm still fleshing out some things in the third arc. I also want to finish up Hashirama's story and get it out of the way so I can solely focus on this one.

[x]

[season 3 start]

Though it has been a long journey back home, Hashirama whisks you over to the dining area for lunch. Your stomach happily accepts the delay of a nap, welcoming the hearty meal placed before you. The display isn't as grand as the castle's, but all of your favorite Konoha cuisine greets you.

You sit in your usual chair with Tobirama beside you on your right, but as Akito walks into the room, he heads directly for the spot on your left. Settled, you glance down at him to notice the slight blush on his cheeks. Is he excited?

"Imagine that if this is lunch, dinner is going to be an all out treat!" Hashirama grins as you begin to fill your plate to the brim--something you couldn't do at the palace. It was difficult to do so when everyone judged any action of yours.

You nod your head as you finish piling up your plate. The rest begin their own picks as you grab your chopsticks, but time has withered away your ability to wield them. After many failed attempts, you switch back to your usual utensils with a small pout as you respond to Hashirama. "Is that so? I don't know if I will have enough room by then."

He laughs, "Oh, come on now, princess! You know you always say that but end up having room for more."

Your lip purse at his disregard for royal boundaries which is a trait you missed but also didn't. "Rude..."

"Is it true that you enjoy all of our cuisine more than the Empire's?" Akito's question stuns your eating. Though your mouth waters at the delicacy against your taste buds, your mind races with intrigue. 

Akito is actually wanting to get to know you. Your eyes slide to the side to inconspicuously inspect him. Not an iota of pride can be found in his inquisitiveness. He truly desires to learn more of the woman beside him that now holds the title of mother. 

The sight of him, abashed and curious, differs from the past when he was haughty and vicious. He ignored you, treated you like the plague, and could never find anything kind to say to you.

You chew your food properly, hoping to establish a different relationship with him. "Yes? I do enjoy the Empire sweets a lot more, but the meals are far more delicate and complex than that of the Empire."

Akito's eyes twinkle at the knowledge, "I've read that Empire cuisine constitutes a hefty amount of salt and sugar. Butter is a main staple among its cooking methods."