6. ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

A/N: Very slight nsfw

A/N: Very slight nsfw. No crazy party up in here, that's for a lot later >>;;

[x]

The reception is held at the Senju manor. People from the ceremony along with the Senju flock over in droves to attend the prestigious event. Most are interested in rubbing shoulders with you, while all just want another look at your beauty.

At least your brother attends as well. He sits on your right side while Tobirama is on your left. The banquet is far larger than that of yesterday with people occupying every inch of space available, but you feel at ease that you have at least one ally.

You notice your brother's full plate of food. Yesterday's meal was actually delicious when you finally ate due to Tobirama's insistence. You forget the obvious reason for his apprehension to dine and ask for his reason, "Do you think it won't be suited to your taste?"

Elric forces a chuckle while slightly analyzing at the bystanders. "I'm not too hungry for a meal."

"I had some of their cuisine already. It's very light on the stomach and nutritious," you explain while scooping a portion onto your spoon. "You should try it."

"Of course." His words do not match his actions as he does nothing to attempt a bite.

Hisa, your personal maid, appears behind you and bows while asking you a question. "Princess [Name], when shall the maids fetch you to prepare for the night?"

She speaks softly that you almost do not catch her words, but when they do, you become irked. How she addresses you isn't correct at all. It was the same as Hashirama earlier, and you wonder what customs they use.

"Please give me an hour to enjoy my reception."

"It is your will." Another bow and she departs.

"Your new home certainly is odd." Elric's statement brings your attention back to him. His façade of princely charm barely conceals his contempt. "Barbarians hold customs not befitting of the Empire."

You idly glance at Tobirama, who speaks with his brother on his other side. You wonder if he heard Elric's crude remarks, but from how unbothered he seems, you suppose his ears have not caught a word.

"Differences do not subjugate one to be called a barbarian." You aren't sure why you defend these people. Maybe it's their happy faces that sway your allegiance, but one thing is for sure. You must be careful of your choice in enemy. "Besides, father married me to them. Shouldn't that count for something?"

Elric only provides you a side-eye. "Don't let them sway you, baby sister."

"Are you really worried about me?" Your question cuts through the cordiality he tries to establish. Your heart desires an answer, pleading for the truth.

He spots the hurt that you wear. "Why do you question my motives?"

"Because, if this had happened to you, I would have been at your wedding even if father forbade me." You grab your dress as you hold in your emotions. "What's the worst father can do to me? Ground me? Not let me travel for a few months? It would have been well worth the consequences, as long as I was there for you. As long as you didn't feel as if I abandoned you."