40. ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ

A/N: At the height of the second arc, I just wanna say thank you for sticking through all the breaks that I've had over the course of this book

A/N: At the height of the second arc, I just wanna say thank you for sticking through all the breaks that I've had over the course of this book. I guess you guys are used to it (as am I) of the ups and downs of an author. Posting chapter by chapter, it is difficult to keep a steady rhythm when life gets rough or when my brain drowns in the repetitiveness of things.

Yet here we are! Next week the second arc will be concluded. I've mapped up the rest of the arcs and this looks like it's gonna be a bit longer than Madara's story-- much longer if I decide to expand on some of the arcs. So far it's looking like 7 arcs, we are finishing the second in the next chapter.

Enjoy!

[x]

"How did you find us?" you call out, your voice echoing among the walls of the cavern as you descend from the stairs. The chance to break Belize free withers away upon her arrival, and you find it better that he remains safe within his enclosure in case she attends with nefarious intentions.

"It wasn't difficult. There is more than one way to get to this place after all." Her eyes roam among the participants before her. "It's so obvious that you were always going to find a way to usurp Gregory's claim, and what better way than to touch the summon no one can have?"

"Me?!" Your voice pitches high into a screech due to the shock of her conjecture.

"Why else would you be below in the Catacombs of the Worthy?"

So there is a name for this place. "Of the worthy? Aren't all Emperors worthy?"

She exasperatedly sighs at your ignorance. "Ahhh, father's coddling has done you no justice."

"Tch... You and Paul sound very alike."

She rolls her eyes, "Don't lump me in with that blockhead. He believes that brute force is what makes an Emperor yet he's so unaware of what little allies he has because of it. I, on the other hand, value finesse in the political arena."

"And where did that land you?" you counter, laying on your thick disapproval of her.

Her smile drops, "You're right. I severely underestimated your adaptability and how you'd stoop so low to get what you want. Had I known you'd be willing to mingle with the savages like this, I would have approached things differently."

"Stoop low." Her words ring with self-delusions, a projection of her sins onto you so that she may justify her crusade against you.

"You have unusual looking summons." Almira spins her attention over to them, inspecting them in awe.

Apprehension overtakes your disgust. You had forgotten that they were now visible due to the magical mist within the cavern, and your eyes become vigilant of her proximity to them. "That so?"

"Are you able to wield multiple?"

"Why should I tell you?"

She prattles on with her thoughts while stepping closer to Leah and Zesha. "I guess our parents lied to us. You did have some training, at least enough to possess these that look like humans. Are they inferior to the ones the rest of us have?"