xix. airports.

𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄
athena's pov.

❝ 🕰️💸🍸🍨🕊️ ❞

"I HAVE to what now?!" I shout to Connor, and he sighs.

"You have to get to the airport or I swear to you he will leave. His plane leaves in 40 minutes, we don't have time to waste." Connor says quickly. "Please, I know you wanna get him back, but you can't if he's in Toronto."

"But will it even work? What if I show up for nothing?" I mumble, and he grabs my arm, pulling me to his car and basically shoving me in the passengers seat. "Connor!"

"Sorry, I'm not letting either of you lose this. You care about each other too much." He shrugs, hopping in the drivers seat and basically speeding towards the airport.

When we arrive, Connor makes some shit excuse to security about why we have to skip the line, and it shockingly works.

I sprint to the gate Brady's at, and unfortunately they board in one minute.

"Brady!" I shout, causing him to swiftly turn, his eyes flashing between adoration and hurt when he sees me.

"Athena? Why— what are tho doing here?" He asks, seeming confused.

"I can't let you leave before we make up." I pant, wrapping my arms around his torso. Surprisingly, he doesn't shove me off. "Please, I'm so sorry. If I have to follow you to Toronto to make it up to you, I will."

"Athena..." he mumbles, "I have to go."

"No, please." I beg. "I don't want this to be the end for us. We— we can work it out, Brady."

"Maybe we weren't meant for each other anyways." He whispers, as if he doesn't want to accept it. "We're so different, we keep hurting each other, I just... I don't know."

"Please, Brady." I say desperately, clinging to him like my life depends on it.

He doesn't say anything, just standing silently in my grip around him. I try to hold back my tears, but it really doesn't work.

He kisses the top of my head, wrapping his arms around me. That makes me cry more because this could potentially be the last time we hug, even though it's also the first time.

He lets go of me, grabbing his suitcase to head onto the plane.

"Please don't leave me here, I love you." I beg, not even thinking about the words before I say them.

I just said I loved him. Do I love him? I mean, I've liked boys before, but never this much. He's so perfect all the time, and he would never hurt me on purpose... maybe I do love him.

He's so caring and sweet towards me, and he didn't even get mad at me when I broke his headphones, even though he loved them.

"You—" he stutters. "You what?"

"I love you, Brady." I say again, a little more confident this time. "I always will, even if you leave me here like a fool."

He abandons his suitcase, cupping my face with his hands and kissing me. It's filled with every emotion he's ever had toward me. It's passionate and I never want it to end. I vaguely here connor cheering with Cleo and Kiara, but I don't focus on it. Wait— when did they even get here?