xiii. hang out.

𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄
athena's pov.

❝ 🕰️💸🍸🍨🕊️ ❞

WHEN I arrive at Brady's house with Kiara, I immediately grab his headphones so that I know I didn't forget them. I know I'm being really paranoid about them, but I know how much he loves them. We ring the doorbell, and Connor answers the door.

"Connor!" Kiara squeaks, sounding nervous.

"Hi, Kiara." He smiles politely at her, letting both of us in.

I see brady sitting on the couch, and immediately head that way. Unfortunately his house must hate me or something, because I trip, unfortunately landing on the headphones I was holding.

I'm not injured, but I hear the headphones crack, and I immediately panic.

"No no no no." I say quickly, sitting up and seeing they've snapped.

"Athena? What happened?" Brady says quickly, and tears form in my eyes.

I broke his headphones. The one thing he asked me to do was not break them, and I broke them. How could I break them? I'm so fucking stupid! I wish I got hurt instead of breaking his stupid headphones.

"Brady, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to break them, I swear. I tripped over the rug, and I fell on them, and—" tears fall out of my eyes at a rapid pace. He's going to be so mad at me for this. "I'll buy you new ones, I swear."

He furrows his eyebrows. "What?"

One bad thing about me is that I get insanely worried when I do something wrong because my parents used to scream at me for any minor thing I did wrong. And I thought I was getting better, but why am I afraid of brady? He won't do that... I hope.

I hold up the headphones, and his face softens. "Thena, that's what you're worried about?"

I nod quickly. "I— the only thing you wanted me to do was not break them, and I was so careful, I promise. I didn't even think that I would trip, let alone fall on them. I'll go buy you the exact same ones. I feel awful, please don't be mad at m—"

Brady kneels down next to me, and he puts his hand over my mouth, cutting my words off short. He wipes my tears away with his thumb, giving me a soft look.

"Stop crying, Athena. I don't care about the headphones. Are you okay? You're not hurt?" He whispers, and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine. But your headphones—"

"Shut up about the damn headphones, I have enough money to buy hundreds of them." He snaps, and I immediately stop talking.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, and he shakes his head at me, giving me a stern look.

"What did I say about apologizing, angel?" He scolds, and I resist the urge to blush at his words.

"Sorry." I mumble, and he rolls his eyes. "I mean— uh— I won't."

"Good." He nods. "I'll get new ones, it's fine. I'm not mad at you, okay? I promise I'm not mad."