xv. jack.

𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄
brady's pov.

❝ 🏐📷🎧🍙☕️ ❞

"BRADY!" I hear connor shout. "Jack's here. Be fucking careful."

I had managed an entire day avoiding Jack, which was surprising because he fights anyone no hesitation as long as he's off school grounds. He's a menace in a fight, he doesn't spare you and he doesn't go easy. I have no doubt he'll beat my ass, but it's probably deserved, so I'm just trying to distract myself at the moment.

"I'm sure he's just gonna... talk? With very strong words... and maybe his fists." I mumble, a little scared for my life.

Apparently Connor's dumbass left the door open, so Jack storms in, grabs my arm, and practically throws me out the door. I stumble, but I don't fall.

"Brady motherfucking Noon. Never did I assume you'd be the first boy to break my sister's heart, yet you did." He spits, shoving me backwards. "How the hell could you do that to her?"

"I didn't mean to, Jack. I— I know it doesn't even sound real, but I was blackmailed into it. I would never purposefully hurt Thena." I tell him, but he punches me across the face as I say her name.

"Don't call her that. You hurt her." He grits. "You made my baby sister sob in my arms."

"I know, I know." I groan. "I'm sorry, man."

"Sorry doesn't cut it. She's never cried this hard." He snaps, punching me in the gut as he speaks.

I groan in pain again, just accepting the hits at this point. I know how Jack is, he could easily get me hospitalized, but he's not. I know he's furious, but he's also my friend.

He hits me multiple times after that, hitting my left eye pretty damn hard. He gets a few punches in on my shoulders and chest, but I can tell he doesn't want to injure me too badly.

"You're lucky we're friends, asshole." He mumbles as he punches me again. "If we weren't, you'd be hurt a lot worse."

"I know." I whisper.

Athena runs in and clings onto Jack, begging him to stop. To say the least, I'm confused.

"Jack, please stop. I know he fucked up, but— you can't hurt him that badly." She says desperately. "Please, I don't want you to hurt him anymore."

Jack immediately backs off. Wrapping his arms around Athena, whispering an apology to her.

"I'm sorry, Ath. I know you didn't want me to hurt him, I just— he hurt you. He hurt you  so badly." Jack whispers, and she shakes her head, wiping her tears.

"I know, but he's Brady. As mad as I am, I still care for the bitch." She laughs, but she obviously doesn't find this funny. "Why did you do it, Bray?"

"I— I told you, angel, I was blackmailed by Alyssa. She said she'd make you hate me if I didn't. I didn't wanna risk it." I mumble, and Jack rolls his eyes.

"Seriously? Alyssa's dumbass is the reason this happened? You listened to her?" He scoffs. "You're stupid, Brady. She can't do shit."