xi. interesting.

𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄
brady's pov.

❝ 🏐📷🎧🍙☕️ ❞

"NO SHOT you invited her over, Connor!"
I scold, and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Why, what's the issue? You two are friends now, right?" He asks, sounding majorly confused.

"Well... yes, but she's like out to get me, I swear!" I groan, and he laughs.

"Cleo's my best friend, she's not out to get you." Connor deadpans. "She's fine with you... sort of. I think? Honestly, she might be out to get you."

I groan again, banging my head down on my desk. Preston thinks this is absolutely hilarious, because he just keeps laughing.

"Cleo isn't that bad!" Preston defends her.

"Oh shut the fuck up, Preston!" I snap, and he laughs more. "You're only saying that because you think she's hot. Newsflash buddy, she's lesbian!"

Preston's jaw drops. "Dude, that was in like freshman year! And you promised you wouldn't mention it!"

Connor snorts in laughter, smirking at Preston. "I'm one thousand percent telling her that, so be prepared to be tormented for the rest of your life."

"Connor don't you fucking dare I will rock your ass." Preston threatens, and Connor sends him a look, showcasing he obviously does not believe him.

"Sure... you wouldn't even beat me in a fight if you tried." Connor teases, and Preston narrows his eyes at Connor.

"You're an asshole." Preston mutters, obviously joking.

"Nah, that's Brady's role." Connor smirks at his words, knowing they'll piss me off.

I roll my eyes at my brothers childish antics. "Dude... I'm not an asshole. Well— I am, but not to my friends."

They both laugh as the bell rings, and I don't wait up for them before heading to history. When I arrive, Athena is already sitting next down in her desk.

When she sees I'm not wearing my headphones, her face lights up.

"Aw, you're not wearing your headphones!" She says excitedly.

"Don't be too excited, they died in my last class." I mumble, and she gives me a knowing look. "What? They did."

"Did you let them die so you had no reason to distract yourself from my wonderful personality?" She asks, and I roll my eyes, even though she's not far off.

I didn't let them die on purpose, but I had a charger in my backpack and I planned to charge them during lunch.

"No, Thena. They just died." I mumble, but she still seems happy that I'm not wearing my headphones.

"Well I have great news for you, we have to work in partners today, and I choose you." She smiles at me, and I send her a look.

"Do I perhaps get the option to say... no?" I ask, and she shakes her head. "Nope! You're stuck with me, B."

I wasn't going to choose someone else even if I had the option to. Fuck this whole class.